Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pet Peeves

     Everyone has something that drives them completely insane, pi$$es them instantly off, and qualifies as a pet peeve with its regular ability to do so. With the pre-menopausal beast rearing its angry head on occasion, G0d only knows…my list is most likely to get a lot longer before it gets shorter. So here goes…


1. People who insist on driving 10 miles or more under the speed limit. Let’s just assume I have no where else to go except the library or the grocery store, I still want to get there sometime in this life time. I am not getting any younger waiting for you!!


2. Store clerks who are clueless. Is it really possible to live and work two hours drive away from Chicago and not know that the city is in Illinois?? Please remove your head from you’re a$$ before you open your mouth. If you don’t know, discreetly ask someone else instead of illuminating your stupidity to everyone, especially me. At least I can view you with a little more respect for trying to seek knowledge instead of appearing like a know it all that knows nothing.




3. Store clerks who are lazy and rude. Hello, if you work in a pet store you should know what general direction the flea collars are in. Don’t try to sell me something better. If I had $50.00 to blow on some ultra sonic device that scares fleas off my pet, I wouldn’t have asked where the flea collars were. I know you are paid by the hour and are not on commission. I am not asking you to walk me to the flea collars and demonstrate each one. I only want to know where there are. Since there are five store clerks standing together behind the register with nothing better to do, it wouldn’t kill one of you to share a little knowledge with a customer. Newsflash: you are being paid to help me, not just to take up space.




4. Telemarketers. No I do not want to take a survey. Even if I have nothing better to do with myself but pick my butt, I would rather be doing that than talking to you. I have no money and no desire to buy or donate anything. I realize you are getting paid to pester people, and I feel your pain, but kindly leave ME alone. I am not that lonely yet. You are annoying.




5. Dirty clothes or laundry on the floor. We don’t live in a 100 room mansion. If you have enough energy to take it off, go the rest of the way and take it to the dirty clothes basket so I don’t have to. I wash it, fold it, and put it away…is a little cooperation to much to ask?





6. Bill collectors who are stupid enough to call me looking for money. If I had money I would have paid you. If I knew when I was going to have money, I would have called YOU, and informed YOU when the happy occasion would occur. Threatening me with collection doesn’t impress me much. I have been there before, and guess what? The world didn’t come to an end because it. The sun still came out the next day, and guess what I still owed the money. Wow, who would have thought? My husband gets paid by the mile so the amount we are paid fluctuates and is never the same. It is impossible to predict. In future, pry out your bunched up panties which are firmly lodged in you’re a$$ and send your request in the mail like everybody else. By the way, you just won a free bushel of horse shit. Enjoy it. Your phone call is wasted on the likes of me.


      There you have it: the top 6 things that get under my skin. I have discovered the heavenly bliss of silence since my phone has been turned off, and I LIKE IT!!!! I will quietly crawl down off my soapbox now until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

36 comments:

  1. Haha! Bill collectors like to waste their time calling me too! I've started screening my calls. If I don't know the number, they can leave a message. If someone wants to call me, they better darn well make sure I know the number they are calling me from, or they shall leave a message also. I've just had enough trying to convince these people that I truly don't have any money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, Kathy. Nothing to argue with here. Gotta tell ya the bill collector and phone solicitors are high on my list, as well. Nothing angers me more than having my life interrupted by someone who doesn't know, me on my phone saying,"Hi Jo, how are you today?" grrrrr instantly.
    My Phone, my choice...I do not answer unrecognized numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, Kathy! Slow drivers infuriate me (probably as much as I do them when I sit on their tail). And I hate telemarketers who constantly call me too! As for Chicago, well, I'm from NJ and even I know it's in Illinois! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I started screening calls long ago, and then my caller ID feature died on my phone at the house and I had to kind of fly by the seat of my pants. LOL I hate the bill collectors who expect me to get out along side the road on Tuesday with a tin cup or hit up my relatives simply so they can get paid. They need to chill out and get a life. Ha! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, Amen!!! They always act like you should know them since they know your name. Geez!! Thanks for stopping in to read and comment! Always so great to get your 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, that is funny. See even you would look at that person and wonder what planet they were from that they didn't know about Chicago. LMAO Slow drivers drive me nuts! I am not nuts like my husband who is willing to run them off the road to get around them. I simply sit back there behind them and stew. He is more used to it I guess since dealing with idiots on our nation's highways is an everyday happening for him. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your post very much, it is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claudia, I am so pleased you enjoyed it!! Thanks for stopping by to read and for your praise. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes many of your pet peeves are my pet peeves.

    Slow drivers BINGO!!
    Rude Store Clerks- Double BINGO!!
    TELEMARKETERS-- JACKPOT!!

    Damn--I need to go to a Bingo Hall soon. LOLOL!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank my lucky stars that telephone marketings is illegal in Germany. The last thing in the world I need is some jerk trying to sell me a time-share condo in Grand Rapids or the Coconos or heck... I don't even want one in Carpathian Mountains, either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could not agree with you more about the bill collectors pet peeve. I have quite a few unpaid medical bills from emergency trips to the hospital. I'm uninsured and uninsurable, which is pretty much why I have developed so many health issues, why I have been to the emergency room three times in two years, and why not one visit has yet to be paid off in full. But these people keep calling and picking up the phone and informing them that they are quite literally harassing a sick person (I am up to about six calls a day now, can you believe it!?) doesn't work. But you're right, when I woke up this morning, the sun still came out and it will again tomorrow and I will still owe someone a whole lot of money I don't have.

    Thanks for the space to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My niece swears that the next time a telemarketer calls her house, she's going to tell them that she loves them. She figures that should creep them out enough to take her name off their list. :OD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your take on the bill collectors. I hope I have the guts to say words to that effect next time one calls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, great list Kathy! I can agree with each one. Perhaps our next write ought to be on gratitude? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If jeans are inside out when tossed in the wash, I think it's a preference and I fold them that way. Just trying to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your list too, Kathy, and I also enjoy reading the comments of your followers. You are such a creative writer. Have a blessed day and look on the bright side of life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, store clerks--especially the high school/college age ones working part-time jobs who'd rather spend their time talking to the other clerks or to their friends who just came in to hang around their counter than waiting on their customers. Also the ones who have no knowledge of their inventory and couldn't care less. I love asking if they have such-and-such and being told in an indifferent tone, "If it's not out there we don't have it." Never can one of them show some care for the customer and say, "I'm not sure but I can check the stock for you." No, that would be work. Or even politely tell me, "I'm sorry, but everything we have is on the shelves. Can I help you find something else?" What happened to the good old days when the slogan was "the customer is always right"? You hit a peeve-nerve for me with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love bill collectors who call me thinking I am someone else. No, Stupid. Look at the phone number. That is an Atlanta area code, not Baton Rouge. I haven't even been to Louisiana in 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can relate... especially with the drivers and folks that give poor customer service. I also hate when people go straight in the right hand lane and keep me from turning on red. Grrr.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate telemarketers! We never answer the phone if we don't know who is calling. But, on occasion, when I'm feeling feisty, I'll answer just to tell them to remove our number from their call list. One time I had a call from a man who wanted me to switch from my long distance phone service to AT&T. After a couple of bad experiences with AT&T customer service reps AND their supervisors, I deliberately LEFT them years earlier. AT&T is the last service I would ever go back to. So...this smarty pants wanted to somehow pressure me into a switch. After I made it perfectly clear that he was wasting his time, I was done being polite. So, I told him that his call was illegal because I am on the national no call list. He said he wasn't trying to sell me anything. HA! I told him that any time any one calls someone for a benefit, such as his pay check, with the goal of separating me from my money is SOLICITING. I told him if he ever called me again, I would see to it that he was reported for harassment. I never heard from them again.

    BTW...drive slow in the fast lane in Orlando and someone's gonna get run over. And if it's a gold Tahoe on your butt, just wave 'cause it's me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gosh..you hit on a lot of my pi$$ing me off stuff (love how you made that word jump out).

    Telemarketers SUCK--happily we have eliminated out land line so the numbers, in spite of the no-call list, of those calls have gone down.

    Customer service? What is that? We used to have a garbage man who would come into our driveway to pick up our trash if we were late or forgot to bring it out. THAT was customer service. His replacement will drive by even if he sees me wheeling the can out. I won't even mention store customer service--whatever that is.

    Bill Collectors! HA...what a miserable job they have...but you know, they don't leave messages, at least mine don't.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenn, if you are going to the Bingo hall I am going too!! Sounds like a blast!! That is probably why we are such kindred spirits, the same things that get on your last nerve gets on mine too. LOL Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Weissdorn, makes me want to move to Germany! Lucky you! We have got the Do Not Call list we can sign up for, but that still doesn't get rid of all the idiots. About the only way to completely get rid of telemarketers is to turn off your phone. LOL Thanks for stopping by to read, share, and for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holly, I know...medical bills are the worst! I have a lot of those to clean up too. They want their money yesterday, and a lot of it. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Word Nerd, that is too funny!! LMAO! She should do it!! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment. Might as well have a little fun with the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mojo, I will say a prayer for you! Lately I have the balls to say just about whatever comes into my pretty little head, especially on the phone. LMAO Thanks for stopping in to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  27. November Rain, now there is a thought! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gene Pool, you are too funny! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Betty, thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Elaine, I know that one really gets me especially having worked in stores with the public before. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  31. chm1880, I am so happy when I can tell them they have the wrong number and hang up on them!! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Joyce, that gets to me too! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Darlene, you are too funny!!! I will be sure to wave and honk if I ever see you out and about! Thanks for stopping in to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Larry, you are lucky! I have had telemarketersleave messages, well until I did away with the message machine! LOL That will fix them. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You could definitely see your skills in the paintings you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.
    Timken DRK335C Differential Bearing and Seal Kit

    ReplyDelete
  36. Unknown, thank you for your kind comments. I am flattered by your praise. Thank you for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete