Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Chunky Chicken and Noodle Bake


8 oz egg noodles
1 10 oz package of frozen peas
1 can cream of chicken soup
½ soups can of milk
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 TBSP chives
2 TBSP parsley


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a medium baking dish with cooking spray. Cook egg noodles according package directions; drain. Place in prepared baking dish.

In pan mix can of soup, milk, and peas. Add chicken and noodles and stir to mix well.

Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle with chives and parsley. Bake casserole until heated through for about 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy! Bon Appetit!

6 comments:

  1. What could I substitute for cream of chicken soup? I can't buy cream of chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weissdorn, I would think you could substitute a white sauce. The original recipe calls for alfredo sauce, so you could try that. I didn't have alfredo sauce, so I used cream of chicken soup. It tasted great and reminded me of the old fashioned chicken pot pie my Grandma used to make. Thanks for stopping by, and good luck with the recipe. It was a crowd pleaser at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea. Bechamel made with chicken broth. Thank you - noted. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. White sauce! Wonderful idea. We have to watch sodium for health reasons (of hubby), so I don't buy the canned soups. Or, I would more than likely use chicken broth thickened with corn starch. Either way, I think it would be a yummy dish! Mmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weissdorn, you are very welcome. I was glad to help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, I am sure there are lots of folks in the same boat you are!! Glad to be able to offer a workable suggestion.

    ReplyDelete