Thursday, March 22, 2012

Decisions


    


      NaBloPoMo  posed the question today whether I would rather make decisions alone or try to work them out with another person.  This is an easy one for me to answer!!


    


         I admit I prefer working out important decisions with my husband.  Being a traditional girl, I fell in love, got married, and then had kids in that order.  When I said “I do” I entered into a partnership until death.  Instead of just me being affected, there are more people involved who include my husband and kids.  He is my best friend and probably knows me better than anyone on the planet, so I trust his judgment.  I like approaching problems as a team instead of blindly walking into the abyss alone trying to decide which the best possible way is.  It makes a great scapegoat because then I can say “Well, I only did what YOU said!! “  

       It is always nice to get a second opinion when making decisions because maybe someone else will present an angle you hadn’t contemplated.  I like to look at all angles and make damn sure my decision is the best I can make considering the circumstances.  The last thing I want is to make a bad decision and be forever sorry. I usually handle figuring out what bills to pay but I always talk to my husband and get his input in the process.  After all, even though the money he makes is theoretically our money, since he worked hard to earn it, I feel he deserves to know where it goes.  I would appreciate the same consideration if the roles were reversed.  When deciding what to cook for supper I ask everyone what they are hungry for and open the floor for debate.


       So in answer to the question of would I rather make decisions alone or work them out with someone else, I would have to say I value others opinions to help me make my decisions.  I may decide to absorb everyone’s views and then decide to take my own path anyway after having thought about each opinion and all the options available.  There are some things in life that come up that only you know the answers to.  Sometimes you have to resort to asking the old eight ball from childhood, and even though I tend to trust my gut, I still tend to appreciate and seek opinions from the peanut gallery for most big decisions until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.





12 comments:

  1. As long as they want to eat what you want. Sometimes I enjoy having the executive decision.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, sometimes it is just easier to please everyone so everyone gets a full belly. I am not picky like the kids are. Thanks for stopping by to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  2. I usually let "Rainman" make all the major decisions. I trust him with my life and... It's nice to be able to blame him when everything goes to hell in a handbasket! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical Mystical Mimi, it is nice to have someone to take the added extra stress of major decision making off of your shoulders too I imagine. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  3. I really like the point you make about if you confer with your husband, then you can lay some of the blame off on him! I love it! I'll start keeping that in mind when making decisions!
    Thank you for your ideas! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, when you are married you are supposed to be in this thing called life together and I refuse to take the fall for everything that goes bad, although he loves to try to blame me. If he is in on every decision then I can remind him of that fact and it shuts him right up!! LOLOLOLOLOL Evil, but very effective. You are very welcome for the insight. I am so pleased you stopped in to read and I appreciate your kind comments!! My husband loves to come home and bitch and moan, literally. I personally think it is man-a-pause, but the last time he complained every time I used the vacuum I broke it I fixed him. I quit using it. That way the only one that breaks it is him because I don't vacuum. LOLOLOLOLOL He learned the hard way not to get to loud and proud and complain about the way I do things or he would find himself really doing it all. LOLOLOLOL Thank you for stopping by to read and comment. Afraid your comments brought the evil out in me. Ba ha ha ha ha!!

      Delete
  4. I'm a terrible decision maker! Sometimes it just feels like there are too many choices and my brain simply can't decide. It really IS nice having someone else to go to. A lot of times I'll take these kinds of things to my boyfriend and he'll help me narrow it down into something more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, sometimes there are way to many choices. It makes my brain tired too. I figure men get married for the easy access $ex and women get married so they can get the men to take care of the honey-do list and chip in their 2 cents on decisions so they can take the wrap when things go sour. LOL There are more great reasons for marriage, but those two apply to this situation so well. You keep exercising your boyfriends mind in the decision making department. It is good for what ails him!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  5. I'm a completely indecisive person when left to my own devices! Love having my hubby to guide me along the way!

    Warmest regards,
    Joy
    http://www.PardonMyPoppet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, after all husbands have to be good for something besides $ex!! It doesn't kill the men to use the ole noggin and help with a little decision making. Thanks for stopping by to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  6. I certainly do agree with your post, Kathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete