What is the best part about parenting?
1. Spontaneous hugs, kisses, and proclamations of “I love you Mommy!” just because.
2. Bursting into a fit of giggles over absolutely nothing at all and having the right to act completely silly just because.
3. Celebrating your kid’s milestones and accomplishments.
4. Being able to teach your kids how to cook, draw, and do things.
5. Being there to help your kids with their homework and do little things that make their faces shine with smiles whether it be having lunch with them, reading stories, or taking them to the park.
6. Having the magical amazing power of mommy’s hugs and kisses that when coupled with a band aid make anything and everything all better.
7. Having your kindergartener bring home a paper which he wrote that says he is very nice because he loves his mom.
8. Going to school activities and watching your kids perform and shine.
9. Forming your own family traditions during the holidays and having your kids remember and look forward to each and every one.
10. Being the one your little one comes to for love, support, and guidance when life has got them down.
Although there is millions of other reasons that make parenting so rewarding, these are the ones that come to my mind right away. I thank G0d everyday for my children and the blessings and joy they have brought into my life. I can’t imagine life without them until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.