Friday, July 19, 2013

A Blue Ribbon Day!

     It is the 19th day of the Ultimate Blog Challenge and I have to admit I am sliding in at the last possible moment with a post because today was the very first day of the ElkhartCounty 4H Fair and my family and I were there despite the heat.  Instead of sitting in front of a computer typing away I was wandering through the 4H exhibits, gathering free items in the commercial buildings, and snapping pictures of random tractors, animals, and the like.

      You never know where they are going to put your kid’s projects.  So you burst into a crowded building and rush to and fro searching among the exhibits until you find the familiar because you simply have to know what ribbon they won…NOW!  I am very proud to report that both my daughter and my son won first place for all their entries.  They were thrilled as was I.  We can now breathe easier because the worry, the anticipation, and the wondering are finally behind us for another year.   We know the outcome, and it is awesome news.




       My daughter placed first for her sweet braided pretzels, her frozen broccoli cauliflower blend, her wildlife poster, a drawing of an eye, and an afghan she crocheted.   This was my son’s first year in 4H.  He was in Exploring 4H this year and made two non-bake cookies for his foods project.  He also won a blue ribbon.


    

      With all the blue ribbons there is a celebratory atmosphere at my house tonight.  We are tired from trekking all over the fairgrounds but happy with the winnings and spoils we acquired.  










26 comments:

  1. Congrats to the kids for all the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Diva, thank you!! They are pretty thrilled. Could have been better, but we will take the blues. Not too shabby at all. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi, stopping by from the UBC and Facebook!
    Tell your kids congrats on their ribbons! I have fond memories of 4H fairs. Such a good, wholesome activity for kids and entire families!

    Hubby and I are planning to head out tomorrow to a different kind of celebration up here in Maine - it's an annual event called the Yarmouth Clam Festival. Lots of art and craft displays, and the feature foods: lobster, clams, scallops, fries, onion rings, pizza, and of course: fried dough! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K, that sounds like a lot of fun too and the food to die for!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to your children! How wonderful that they did so well! Cherish these times because they will go by so quickly and then be gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments. I don't look forward to these times being over. I wish I could keep them little forever but they are growing up whether I like it or not.

      Delete
  4. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!! Congratulations all around!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, thank you so much!! Thank you for the sweet comments and for stopping by! ♥

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!! Awesome achievements! You must be so proud of your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shilpa, I am so proud of both of them. I really am. Thank you for stopping by and sharing in my tribute to their achievements with your lovely comments.

      Delete
  6. wow!! Congrats to ur kids & u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smita, thank you so much for your kind comments and wishes!!

      Delete
  7. congratulations.....and jubilation!!! what wonderfully talented kids, Kathy!

    sending my love to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little princess, thank you we are all so happy with the results. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  8. That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!!! What did you do for celebration? Dinner and ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, we ate at the fair! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations mommy coolest!! and I am sure a lot of it is because of your immense push in them achieving such heights! Next post we need the celebratory pictures :D :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa, I always encourage my kids to do the best they can. If they do their best they have nothing to feel bad about. They can be proud no matter what. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  10. Congrats to the kiddos- I LOVE 4-H & FFA...I strongly believe in the benefits of both programs. My kids participated and now my grandkids do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, my kids love doing the projects but hate going to the meetings. My husband and I both were in 4H growing up and enjoyed it so we were sure the kids would enjoy it and learn new things as we did and feel accomplished when it was all said and done. I let them decide what they want to do. But once they decide they are doing it they have to see it through and finish and do their best. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations to your Kids,Kathy!!!
    This sounds like so much Fun!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  12. Congratulations to you kids Kathy.. and as I was reading your post I could sense the fun you had and how tired you must be.. hope you take rest and loved the pictures too ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sukupedia, we were all pretty worn out...but happy. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  13. I never did 4H but have friends who did and I know the great sense of accomplishment they felt with their projects. Congrats to the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete