Thursday, November 1, 2012

You Can Quote Me on That!!

      It is the first day of NaBloPoMo for November and the theme for today is favorite quotations so I am going to share some of my favorites with you.  A couple were said by the famous, and far more were said by those that touched touched my life.

“You can turn painful situations around through laughter
  If you can find humor in anything, even poverty,
  You can survive it!!” - Bill Cosby



 My mom was always quick to offer a few words of wisdom.





“If I can’t today, maybe tomorrow I can.”




   My grandpa loved to use this one for telemarketers right before he hung up on them:
Congratulations! 
You just won a free bushel of   horse $hit!" 


 My Dad was a treasure trove of sayings and funny quotations…



 “If you don’t like it, you can kiss my a$$!” 


 Or another cleaner version on the theme…..


“You can kiss ole rose”

(the rose referring to his rosy red a$$hole)  It is little wonder that I believed my Dad’s theme song to be “Kiss this!” by Aaron Tippin.

 On that note I will end with a couple of my all time favorite quotes from the movies…



Said Maria in
"The Sound of Music".





“I won’t think about that now, I’ll think about that tomorrow!”  
 Scarlett O’Hara in “Gone with the Wind”.


    And that is all I have to say about that until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

22 comments:

  1. I love your grandfathers response to telemarketers. They are quite annoying.


    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, he always got the biggest laugh when he did that. He loved to tell about his antics! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. I love the Bill Cosby quote. So true! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andie, it is a great one! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. I need to remember your grandfather's line next time I get a telemarketer call. I actually got two of them in the middle of the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, you have got to pull that one on them. They won't know what to think! I have used it on bill collector's before and then laughed myself silly. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments~ ♥

      Delete
  4. Love it! Going to have to make this blog a regular stop on my inspiration walk through the web. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit here. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comment!! ♥

      Delete
  5. And my phone likes you so much it posted my comment twice! Double the love :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment and good luck with NaBloPoMo! Love the quotes.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you for stopping in to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. I love quotes! Thanks for sharing these as well as for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larissa, I am so glad you enjoyed my quotes. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! It is always a pleasure coming to your linky party!!♥

      Delete
  8. i need to use this one "I won’t think about that now, I’ll think about that tomorrow!” when i am working on a gazillion projects at work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing in the City, there you go! It works for me! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments. ♥

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Jenn, so pleased you liked them! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  10. Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for the reminder about NaBloPoMo! You've inspired me to answer the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, YAY! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  11. Kathy I love you!!! I love your quotes!!
    I would like to offer you this award as well.
    http://www.caffeinateddiva.com/2012/11/liebster-award-3-or-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae, Awww thank you!! I am so pleased you enjoyed my post! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments. Thank you for the honor! ♥

      Delete