Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love and Kisses- BFF 156

     Most people first experience their first love and kisses from their parents. From those magical kisses springs a belief that a simple hug and kiss from Mommy can right all the wrongs of the world curing every boo-boo that comes along.

     From the first moments I laid eyes on my precious babies until the present day they have been smothered with love and kisses as is proper. It didn’t take long for them to learn that Mommy’s kisses would make boo-boos all better. Mommy’s kiss and a band aid preferably with some kid friendly graphics would take all the hurt away and dry even the most stubborn of tears. Ah, the innocence of youth! As you age you realize a couple of pain killers reap miracles as well.








     Once puberty hits there comes an over whelming need to swap saliva with the opposite sex, preferably with that particular hot guy or girl who you’ve been drooling over. With luck and a bit of searching you come across someone who has the ability to make your knees melt and your toes curl. At that point kisses transform and represent lust more than a true case of love. Providence knows you don’t want to go around spreading the love and kissing every Tom, Dick, and Harry. A little of that could end you up with a case of lip fungus or something loads worse. A person needs to be a bit selective to avoid the label of slut being branded on your forehead. Still, there is fun in the search. The other day I watched the movie “Never Been Kissed” starring Drew Barrymore. When her colleagues discovered her character had never been kissed they figured her problems were a lot more serious than the issue of whether she wears colored underwear or owns such things as thongs.

     Eventually, if you are lucky, you find your match and can settle into a lifetime of love and kisses which eventually leads to marriage and you pushing around a baby carriage. At that point the whole love and kisses comes full circle because you find yourself kissing your spouse, your kids, and maybe even your parents or grandparents on a good day. It’s the power of love, the power of the kiss, and whether designed to melt butter or cure all the wrongs in your cute little tike’s world, it is powerful. Kiss to say hello, kiss to say goodbye, kiss to show affection, or kiss you’re a$$ goodbye, no matter what you choose, may you enjoy all the kisses you can stomach whether from your special someone or your dog until the next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

18 comments:

  1. Gotta say, I love me some baby kisses, roomy kisses, doggie kisses and Momma kisses! Yep, I could easily become a kiss-aholic. Nicely done. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, I love them too. The only kind I could do without is the doggie kisses that catch me with my mouth open. Although I love my dogs I haven't ever felt it necessary to french kiss them. YUCK! LOLOLOL Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love kisses. Unfortunately, I've got a preteen who barely gives them and a younger one who hates them :) Hopefully that will change someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for hugs and kisses!! Especially those little babies--like just under a year old to newborn stage. You can kiss and kiss and smooch their cheeks and they smile and coo and aww...nothing more precious in the whole world!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (repeats Jo's words under her breath... kiss-a-holic... love it!)

    I've never been one to follow the direct trajectory for expected outcomes, but soft kisses, and baby kisses are particularly sweet:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Nothing better than those little butterfly kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing sweeter than a kiss from your child! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, kisses and hugs from your children are so sweet. We share lots of these in our family!!! Enjoyed the read, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, with my kids 6 and 11 they both are still into getting hugs, kisses, and kiss it better's from mommy. I am so thankful they still do! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn, and just who can resist kissing a precious little baby?? I agree whole heartedly! Thank you for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. November Rain, all I can say is amen! Thank you for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kat, I am with you! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, I agree!! Thanks for stopping by to read and for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty, I am so pleased you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alll gorgeous post - made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm 23 and I still need cuddles and kisses from my mamma xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, a very snuggly post, Kathy. I love the idea of the 'wheel of kisses' :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen, I don't think a person can ever be to old for cuddles and kisses. Everyone everywhere needs love and affection. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mojo, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. It was a warm and fuzzy topic. :D Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete