Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Crescent Beef Bites



1 pound ground beef
2 TBSP onion flakes
½ tsp garlic salt
½ cup minced fresh mushrooms
3 oz cream cheese
2 (8-count) packages of crescent rolls


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Drain. Add onion flakes and garlic salt.

Add mushrooms and cream cheese to the beef mixture; mix well. Separate crescent rolls into 8 rectangles. Spoon some beef mixture over each piece of dough. Roll to enclose filling.

Press ends of rolls to seal. Place roll-ups on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

Cut each roll-up into quarters. Serve immediately. Bon Appetit!

8 comments:

  1. Super Bowl snacks for half-time!

    Thanks, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very similar to the ones I make with all kinds of fillings. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your recipe, Kathy. Aren't crescent rolls wonderful? You can whip up an easy snack with different fillings as Jo said. I've used them for many years to make a quick meal special with simple ingredients you have on hand.

    They can also be used to make sweet rolls for breakfast or other fancy desserts. Now --- I'm getting hungry for a sweet treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely try this one! It reminds me of a recipe I made back in the 60's with hamburg and Bisquick, except there was a bit of spaghetti sauce in the ground beef. I was newly married and money was carefully budgeted. I found a cookbook that had 365 meals with hamburg. The recipe was in that book. I lost interest because of the Bisquick. I think I will dig out that old cookbook and do it again with crescent rolls. Mmmm.... Shopping tomorrow will include some crescent rolls...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beachlover, they would be perfect for Super Bowl snacks! Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, I love to fill crescent rolls with all sorts of things. They are so versatile! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, you are so right! Hip hip hooray for crescent rolls! Not only that kids love them. Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, you will have to let me know how you like them. Crescent rolls are so great. You can make so many delicious things with them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete