Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Booker Award






      I would like to thank Mimi of “Magical Mystical Mimi” for honoring me with the Booker Award!  This particular award only has a couple of rules.  The first is to share 5 of my favorite books, and the second is to pass the award on to 6 worthy bloggers.  So without further ado…


My Favorite Books


1. The Harry Potter series written by JK Rowling
2.  Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley
3.  Legacy written by Danielle Steel
4. The Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy series by Debbie Macomber
5.  Even Now and Ever After by Karen Kingsbury


And since I love to read I also have to mention…
6. The Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts
7. The Sisterhood series by Nora Roberts
8. Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks


      I know I went a little over the required 5 but I also really love anything written by Danielle Steel, Debbie Macomber, Nicholas Sparks, and Beatrice Small as well.  What can I say?  I love to read and my nose has been buried in a book since I learned how to read.


The 5 bloggers I would like to honor with this award are in no particular order are…
1. Corinne of “Everyday Gyaan”
2.  Sandra of “A Writer Weaves a Tale”
3. Daphne of “My Distant Husband”
4.  Angela of “Journey of Life”
5.  JoJo of “Tahoma Beadworks and Photography”






   Hearty Congratulations to each of you!!  I love reading your work.  Now that my work here is done I will go and lose myself within the pages of a book until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.





10 comments:

  1. I loved Scarlett sequel. I didn't think I would since I absolutely loved Gone With the Wind, but it was good. Have you read the other sequel, written from Rhett's perspective? Congrats on the award, most deserving.. And remember, give yourself a wee hug today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, yes!! I loved the book based on Rhett's perspective. It was awesome!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I never got into the Harry Potter series but my sisters love it. I did love Scarlett. Reading is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAT, I love all things Harry Potter. Just hooked I guess. LOL I am currently re-reading them again with my daughter. I love finding how different the books are from the movies. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Aw thank you sooo much Kathy!!! :D Now I have to narrow down my list of fave books! lol Thanks again!!! I appreciate your support and love your bloggy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I had a hard time narrowing down my favorite list because I read so much. I have many favorite authors, and once I find one I like I usually read absolutely everything they have ever written that I can get my hands on. I am so pleased you stopped by and that I discovered you on the internet! Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. Great to see your list, Kathy. I've never managed to complete reading a Harry Potter book. I wonder what that says about me ;).
    Thanks for the award - I really appreciate the mention. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne, I never can put a Harry Potter book down once I have picked it up. All that it says about you is maybe you are busy with other things or it really wasn't your thing. You are very welcome! Thank you for stopping by to read and pick it up! ♥

      Delete