Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Off to Hogwarts!!

The host for the Writer’s Post Blog Hop this week is Daphne Steinberg at “A Full Degree below Normal”.  This is my response to her writing prompt. 
 

"It is said that “Life imitates art.”  If you could step into a book or a piece of art, which one would it be and why?"


     If I could step into any book it would be “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”, the very first book of the Harry Potter series.  Why you ask?  Because I have always been fascinated by magic.  I loved the Harry Potter books and movies and would love to immerse myself in that world.  Why the first book over the others?  The first book marks Harry’s discovery of the wizarding world.  I would choose to discover it right along with him and all the magical wonder it possesses.



 

     Many will say I should one day visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park and I would agree whole heartedly with them.  I could imagine me buying all my wizarding bits and bobs in Diagon Alley.  I would have a hard time choosing between a cat or an owl as both would be cool pets.  What could be more thrilling than riding the Hogwart’s Express and discovering all the sweets on the trolley?  I would hope to be good friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione sharing in their adventures and their frequent visits to see Hagrid.  I can imagine the awe I would feel when I first see Hogwarts and the magic that lies within from the enchanted ceiling in the Great Hall to the staircases that change on a whim.

 

 
        I would be thrilled to learn magic, visit Hogsmeade, make friends, and learn to balance my happy a$$ on a broom.  I get excited just thinking of the possibilities!!  As much as I love books, Hermione would find a kindred spirit in me.  We could explore all those amazing magical books in the library together!  Living in a monstrous castle, learning how to cast spells, watching a quidditch match, eating those magical feasts, and exploring the grounds: I would do it all in a heartbeat until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

14 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on this. Perhaps you would find me sitting next to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Journey of Life, that would be so cool!!! Wouldn't we have a blast? Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. I would loooooooove to go to Hogwarts!!! Actually, my dream would be to open up shops on Diagon Alley & in Hogsmeade. I think the closest I'll ever really get is if we are ever able to afford a trip down to Universal in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, that would be cool!!! Some day, I want to go there!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. I love Harry Potter! I would like to step into his world too!!! (Hmm, I might read Harry Potter Books 1-7 this Christmas Holiday for the 3rd time! (Read the entire series for the second time the week after christmas 2011)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, I have read the series so many times that I have lost count. Just love the books and I know exactly what you mean! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. I had just an inkling of a feeling you might go with Harry Potter!! Great choice Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, while I was writing this I knew that my choice would be obvious and there would be some like you that would just know I would head off to Hogwarts and immerse myself in the Harry Potter series!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. Watching a Quidditch game? Really, Kathy? Hell no! PLAYING a Quidditch game ... and I'd be on the opposing team. If I hadn't fallen into Charlotte's Web, I'd have the seat next to you on the Hogwart's Express. Absolutely smashing choice and I love the verbal "picture" you've painted. Thanks so much for participating in my prompt. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daphne, I am terrified of heights so not quite sure I would be up to playing Quidditch! This was a fun prompt. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. How did we all know it would be Harry for Kathy? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I know! I am so predictable! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. ooh yes! I would like to step into this book too. Awesome post - so exciting. Great choice Kathy. btw the stairs at Hogwarts remind me of the stairs in my school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, when I seen the prompt I knew there would be no other world I would rather jump into! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete