Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hakuna Matata for the Holidays

     It’s December, but where’s the snow??  I am ready for it to start looking a lot like Christmas around here.  The tree is trimmed, my Santa collection is in place and at attention, but where is the glorious white stuff?  It has been cold enough for it, but no cigar.  Today the temps are in the mid 40’s and threatening to peak in the 50’s.  It is a potentially lovely day perhaps, but not for December.  There should be snow, and lots of it!!  Snow Miser, get out of the shitter and get to work!!  Heat Miser has taken over your territory!!  How will we ever build Frosty??

       Oh well, you can’t have everything in life.  Another day has dawned and a new month has begun and crazy a$$ me, I have signed up for another month of NaBloPoMo.  It is almost laughable considering the last couple of months I have went along for the ride only to fall short and not write every single day.  Bleeding hearts unite; did the world come to an end because I didn’t?  Well, hell no.   It didn’t but I felt guilty for my lapse just the same.



      So here I am, pondering just what the hell to write about.  I am letting my brains scramble and ramble along and allowing my fingers to spew forth whatever bitchery and tom foolery it will on this first Saturday of December.  Weekends are not for structure after all.  They are for sleeping in, being lazy, and hiding in a corner with a good book.  They are for mad dashes to the grocery store because lo and behold the flipping cupboard is almost bare again.  G0d the natives are pigs around here!  Wait that would include me too, wouldn’t it?  Well, it is the truth after all.  It is time to do all the laundry because there is nothing worse than waking up to face the day and not having one stitch of clean clothes to put on.

 

         It’s the weekend and there are no worries.  The bills are paid, at least the ones I plan on paying.  It is December.  If you haven’t decked your halls and hung your balls, it is time to get that party started.  It is time.  Christmas is just around the corner.  My husband was home 6 days over the Thanksgiving holidays and we got our balls together then and decked the halls.  We got our Christmas shopping basically done and all our jingly bells in order.  All that is left now is the odds, ends, and the wrapping.  Spreading holiday cheer sending out Christmas cards, indulging in Christmas sweets (shhhhh!!), thinking about the wonder of the savior’s birth, cranking the Christmas tunes to full blast, and having a merry little Christmas all month long is what December is all about.  Guess what?  I have fulfilled my duty.  I have written one merry a$$ blog and now I will leave you singing Hakuna Matata for the rest of the day until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

14 comments:

  1. Just lovely AND thanks for the Disney song rattling around my nearly empty head! lol

    I love when you ramble through your 'assignment' and produce fun and great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I am so pleased you enjoyed my rambling. There are some days like today when only rambling will do. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. I got my decorations up the other day and it looks so cozy in here! But I can live w/o snow! I left you an award on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I must be crazy but I just love the snow and there is absolutely nothing better in my book than a white Christmas. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the Disney song that will now go rattling in my head for the next few hours...just to get even I should send you The Vegetable Tales Christmas Story with Larry the Cucumber singing "I've got cookies"...it'll take you months to get that one out of your head...; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, LOL I will have to check out what that Larry the Cucumber's song is all about. Sounds like my kind of song!! LMAO Coming from the same person that got into "I'm a gummy bear! " until I had heard it about 100 times...then I wanted to murder people. LOLOLOLOL Thank you so much for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. I agree with JoJo...I can do without the snow, salt, shoveling, city trucks blocking my drive and making me shovel again...lol.

    I have yet to put my decorations up...I'm still trying to recover from Thanksgiving...I think I can put Christmas on hold for another week...

    KMN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KMN, well when you put it that way!!! LOL I don't mind running my snow blower. It makes me feel like I am queen of the universe. LOL Other than that I love a white Christmas. I love the decorations and the lights and everything that goes with it. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. like Jo, my inner voice is singing Hakuna Matata as I type this..:) and my inner voice sounds fantastic:) and my idea of a weekend is exactly the same as yours - including the mad dash to the grocery store:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady in Read, great minds live alike!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. We have frost/ice on the cars but no snow! :( The news says other parts of the UK have seen this mysterious white cotton wool falling to the ground...but not here, not yet!

    Also - woop woop! Looks like I'm not going through December NaBloPoMo alone! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loki-Lou, I am so pleased we are doing NaBloPoMo together. You are fast becoming one of my favorite people. I know about the frost on the cars...but no snow! Today it is 63 degrees!!! It feels and smells like spring. Just freaky! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. Kathy, I love the way you illustrate your blog posts. As for snow, I'm beginning to give up on the idea although there's a 30% chance we might get some tomorrow. I think I need to follow your example and play some Christmas music. I'm having trouble getting into the spirit of things this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bronwyngordon, I am so pleased you enjoy my blog and the illustrations. I put a lot of thought into what goes well with each one. I have been wishing for snow and today finally, it is snowing although lightly. It needs to snow and a lot so we all have a lovely white Christmas. I have found that I have sank into my usual depression for this time of year. Have been trying to get in the spirit of things too. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete