Friday, December 14, 2012

Happiness


NaBloPoMo asks:

“Are you happier working or relaxing?”



      What can I say?  On those rare opportunities when I get called in to work at a school I am so happy I could just $hit because I am making MONEY!!!  Every little bit helps!!   I like being busy.  I don’t thrive on house work, BUT, I can’t help myself from doing it.  Too much clutter makes me batty.  At some point I must clean whether I like it or not.  Yesterday I cleaned out my closet and found jeans I haven’t worn in I don’t even know when.  The best part was when I got the idea to put them on and I could not only get them over my ass but I could snap them and zip them without them sucking my will to live.  I felt like doing a happy dance.  Losing weight has its happy moments!  Not only that, I have room in them.  Life is good!



 

      For the rest of the time when I am not writing and working on my blog, which actually isn’t like work, I have made relaxing into an art form.  I read, I write, I comment, I crochet, I watch movies, and I laze about.  I am hopelessly addicted to Spider Solitaire now that I have figured out exactly how to play it.  Ah yes, relaxing is a good thing.  Are you happier working or relaxing?  If you think about it you might as well choose to be happy.  After all life is entirely too short until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

8 comments:

  1. I love solitaire -- makes sense since I like solitary:) but don't know the spider one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, it came with my computer already installed. It is really fun. You should check your computer to see if you have it. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. I can waste hours playing spider solitaire. I have to play it the advanced way now b/c the other way is too easy. lol I just reset my score the other day and I've lost 30 in a row. But it's so satisfying when you win and the fireworks go off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I love those fireworks and once I get started I find it hard to stop!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!! ♥

      Delete
  3. I am also a spider fan! I don't play it often, but like you, once I start I play it for hours.

    Somehow, though I could never had predicted it, I do manage to keep myself busy doing things most of the time and now and then just sitting on my butt watching TV...something I really love doing.

    Happy is whatever you decide it will be, isn't it? Happy at work, happy at home both have their benefits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I thought when I quit my full time job to stay home with my kids I would go stark raving mad with boredom. I have found I haven't been bored yet!! I am always busy and love my alone time to get things done. Happiness is key! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. I love when I can find time to sit with a pot of tea and read a good book, or time to do my crafts with no "must" do, just rather play time. It makes me a happier person (and better company I am sure...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, I think everyone needs that time and space! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!!

      Delete