Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Creamed Eggs on Toast



     When I was growing up my mom would always fix creamed eggs on toast for breakfast on Easter Sunday.  We would have our fun coloring eggs Saturday, and then she would make creamed eggs on toast for breakfast and deviled eggs for dinner as an effort to use them up.  It was a tradition that my Dad carried on after my mom was gone, and I carry on to this day. 







1 dozen hard boiled eggs
4 cups of thin white sauce consisting of:
    Butter, milk, and flour  
Salt and Pepper










Peel Easter eggs and place in bowl.  With a hand chopper or food processor chop eggs into little pieces then set aside.










In a large sauce pan melt 3 TBSP margarine.  Add 2 TBSP of flour and stir until blended.  Slowly add milk, stirring continuously until sauce is smooth.  








Add chopped eggs into sauce and blend well.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve creamed eggs on toast.









4 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE creamed eggs on toast!! My Granny used to make it for me when I was younger. It's my favorite breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, me too!! There is nothing better for Easter breakfast! Thank you for stopping in to read and for your comments.

      Delete
  2. Can you believe it, I've never had creamed eggs on toast!!! I've made a cream sauce like this and as a little girl, we added dried beef and served it over toast for breakfast or a light supper. Sometimes after we were married, I added ground beef fried up with onion and garlic.

    Guess I must try this soon. Thanks Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, as much of a cooking veteran as you are, I am surprised you have never tried creamed eggs on toast. My mom always made this for us Easter morning. It was a dish we never had any other time of the year, only on Easter. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!!

      Delete