Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Snapshot


     Once you start school there is a time honored tradition that happens every single year without fail of your entire educational career.  Half way between bleary eyed and bright eyed and bushy tailed, sparkled and shined sporting new clothes, new shoes, and loaded down with backpacks filled to overflowing with pens, notebooks, crayons, and markers the kids stand at attention for that first day of school photo op.







        You tick off everything in your head… lunch money, gym shoes, backpack check! You hope that nothing has been forgotten.  You find the perfect setting.  You know the one where shadows won’t block their smiling faces.  Smile!  Stand up straight!  Move closer together!  They oblige and you capture that moment forever to be compared in years to come with other first days of school.  If you are a trucker’s wife, you document those smiles with your cell phone then send them to your husband so he can share the moment too.

  


      You can hardly fathom how much they have changed from one year to the next.  Time goes by so swiftly!  Wasn’t it only yesterday when summer vacation began?  You say goodbye to carousing half the night and sleeping late, and hello to early mornings.  With a hug and kiss they are on their way, and you return to a silent house.  And so it begins and you know you will treasure these snapshots forever until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

20 comments:

  1. adored this ..your precious family shared so preciously and that song..wow SO EMOTIONAL this morning. :0) (thank you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. drchoneydewcrm, I am so pleased you enjoyed my blog, pictures, and my song choice. I simply love Nickelback!!! The kids were so excited to be off to school in their new clothes. Both kids had new bus stops this year. Even though my daughter's stop is quite a ways down the road, I can still see her. I always go out and wait with my son. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. I love this and I remember our first days of school but no time for photos most years because the first day was hectic and crazy and I was off to work at the same time and yada yada...no pics most years. I missed a lot of 'firsts' with my camera, but I have a lot of "everyday" shots that I adore. Different strokes, I guess! he he he

    I really enjoyed sending your kids off to school with you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, this is definitely one of the perks of being a stay at home mommy, being able to be there to see them off to school and be there to welcome them home with hugs and kisses when they get back. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments. My babies are getting so big!!!

      Delete
  3. I am so concerned about children developing back and neck problems from having to be weighed down by those backpacks and stuff. :( Although upon closer look at the single pic of your son, it's the grill in the background that made his pack look ginormous at first glance!! lol I remember my mom taking the obligatory first day of school picture and how annoyed I was. I just wanted to get to the bus stop already. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, The worst day for heavy backpacks is the first day when they have to load everything but the kitchen sink! LOL I kind of felt like you did about pictures too. Probably because I felt I always looked stupid in pictures. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. That took me back in time to my first days of school each year and of my kids too. Your kids look very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. I feel like us New York State kids are the last in the country to start school. NOt until Sept 4th! I'm ready to take those pics! Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, you may be right! That is pretty late. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  6. They are so lovely and precious! --indeed those snapshots are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Journey Of Life, Awww thank you! They are growing up so fast! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Katie, Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  8. Cute! They look rarin' to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word Nerd, they were! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  9. Good for you. I think we stopped clicking photos after the first day of kindergarten... and I'm not sure we even got that one for the youngest.


    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, Oh no!! LOL So far I have pictures of the first day of school for every year for each of my kids. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!! ♥

      Delete
  10. Oh, Kathy, this is really special. Great pictures too. But, your son is loaded down. The lists seem to be getting longer each year. So much more is having to be supplied by the parents now since limited funds are available to the schools.

    So great that you are making school such a good experience for your precious children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, The kids list were so long! They expect parents to provide everything but the kitchen sink. It is outrageous. Fortunately being this loaded down usually only happens the first day. They were both really excited to be back to school. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete