Thursday, January 3, 2013

Recharging Creative Juices

       Christmas is over, and the New Year has come.  My husband is back on the road again after a couple weeks home to celebrate the holidays and in a few more days the kids will be back to school.  What’s a girl to do?  The answer would be to write.  Once again I have signed on for NaBloPoMo and today’s prompt is:


“What is your favorite way to recharge when you feel drained of energy?”


      A nice hot shower does me a world of good.   I love standing in the hot water and having it roll off of me.  There is nothing like a good night’s sleep either.    I love to read and I find settling down with a good book does me a world of good.  As Christmas approached I realized I needed a break from writing.  Since my husband was to be home for the duration I decided to take time away from the internet.  I have to admit it was the best Christmas and New Years holidays ever.  Now that the holidays are behind me and my world is returning back to the normalcy I have grown used to, I find that it is time to get back to blogging.  



       Now that a new year has arrived I am ready to recharge my creative juices and write again.  Sometimes when you become burned out on writing, you simply have to step away and take a break.  I think the break did me a world of good!  So Happy New Year to each and every one of you!!  Let’s get the party started with another year of glimpses into the life of a trucker’s wife.


 

25 comments:

  1. Glad you're recharged and back to blogging, Kathy! I know what you mean--I've made it one of my resolutions to blog more this year, as I really tailed off a lot last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ElaineLK, blogging is a discipline that is for sure. I am with you! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Best of luck getting back into the blogging! And merry Christmas, albeit belated. Wishing you and your family a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate Nested, thank you!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments and good wishes. ♥

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! :) And welcome back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, thank you and Happy New Year to you!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! And happy new year!! Here's to a prolific writing year!

    Kelly
    http://beso519.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you and a happy new year to you too!! ♥

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year Kathy! Nice to get settled back into blogging and wishing a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, happy new year to you as well Betty! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Sandra, Happy New Year to you as well! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. Warm (read hot) showers, do wonders for me as well. (: Thanks for linking up, Kathy! :D

    HAPPY 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larissa, I usually stand in there until the water starts to get cold. LOL Happy 2013 to you as well and thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  8. Hot baths are my final resort to recharge - it's nice just to take some time out. Looking forward to reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghostnapped, thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!!! ♥

      Delete
  9. It used to be a nice hot bubble bath that would recharge and re-energize me, but since my daughter was born, I find it harder and harder to find the time to do that. Reading a good book always seems to help, as does a cup of hot tea. Looking forward to reading your posts! Glad you had such wonderful holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasha, I have found since I had kids that hot luxurious baths just aren't in the cards. LOL I love to read and always have. There is nothing better than relaxing with a good book. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  10. I love a hot shower, but what helps me is a day at the beach or just being out in nature.
    Thanks for entering my giveaway. I just love your creative space here.
    I just love following great writers!
    Now following you from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alma, I wish I lived closer to a beach because I am sure I would be there all the time. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  11. Ooh, a nice hot shower sounds just marvelous right now. I'm shivering and all bundled up as I type this, complete with fingerless gloves that I practically live in right now. The house we're renting is drafty and c-c-c-cold. :P

    And you're so right. Sometimes a break, even when it's something we love to do, is just the thing to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerimi, I know what you mean! My house is cold too. It makes me want to crawl back into bed to get warm. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  12. Happy New Year and I'm glad you took some time off! We seem to have all taken a bit of a break and mine is over now, too. I am happy to be back and very happy to see u back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, happy to see you too. The break was nice but it has been difficult to get back into the swing of things. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  13. It's important to take a break. The not doing is just as important as the doing.
    Here's to some great writing (and much energy) in 2013.

    ReplyDelete