Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award





      I would like to thank JoJo from Tahoma Beadworks for honoring me with the Kreativ Blogger Award!!  I met JoJo while Blogging from A-Z during the month of April.  We both survived that major challenge and in the process walked away as fast blogging buddies.  
        The 6 highly entertaining, well deserving, top notch bloggers who I am proud to bestow with this prestigious award in no particular order are…
1) Joyce at  “Catch My Words”



4) November Rain at "Bloggit Write"

5) Linda at “Linda Says”

Now for the 10 random facts I have never shared before.  Think, think, think!!


     I went to college 3 times, to Belmont University for Music Business, to Ivy Tech College for Graphic Design, and to Purdue for Mechanical Engineering.  For one reason or another I ended up leaving all three.  Three strikes your out and I decided the classroom wasn’t for me.  I discovered I liked making money more than making grades.  It was time to $hit or get off the pot, so I decided to get off the pot.


      I was in 4H for 6 years and loved every single minute of it.  In my senior year of high school I finally had a project go to the state fair.  The funny thing was,  I did big time on a poster about dating, a topic I knew next to nothing about at the time.   


   
       I once dressed up as a clown and marched in the county fair parade through the streets of Goshen, IN.  At one point my round red nose came off, and I went scrambling after it hell bent for election.  The crowd exploded into applause and loved my unplanned theatrics.  They thought I meant to lose my nose.


       
       My idea of camping used to be a plush room at a Marriott Hotel.  When I met my husband he introduced me to how much fun camping could be.  I have never went tent camping, and it will be cold day in you know where when I would consider it.  Give me my travel trailer at a lovely campground and I am happy!


     


        The quickest mile I ever ran was in 5 minutes 42 seconds.  That occurred back when I was in college.  I haven’t run much since.  Now I like to power walk my way around the neighborhood.


   




      
        I am a big fan of Notre Dame Football and actually have attended 3 games in my life.  I had a hell of a time and the memories I took away from that time with my mom are priceless.


    



       The most tedious job I ever had was working in a laboratory testing diabetes test strips for their effectiveness when exposed to different conditions and climatic changes.


    
         I once worked at a rubber company through a temporary service.  They let me answer phones in the customer service department until I got a call from this guy that had a problem with his balls.  Excuse me? Sphincter says what? Why are you calling me then?  Maybe you should head to the emergency room.  The powers that be hadn’t told me the company also made ball bearings. I was clueless. I was thing rubbers=condoms especially after this dude called up with a problem with his balls.   I yelled over to the sales representative I was assisting…”Hey Barb, I got a guy on line 1 that is having a problem with his balls, do you think you could help him out?”  The office exploded in laughter.  Barb was a great sport and happily helped handle his balls for him.  Problem was solved, and I was taken off the phones for the rest of my time at the company.


     I have encountered a frozen chicken and a frozen duck that still had their eyeballs, beaks, and claws.  Both birds scared the living be Je$us out of me.  I have learned I will not buy poultry unless I can SEE there are no eyeballs, beaks, or claws at the time of purchase.  I have learned if it is a Butterball turkey in the opaque wrapper, you are pretty safe.  If it is a duck or chicken, WATCH OUT!!  Only buy those beasts if they are wrapped in clear cellophane wrap and it is obvious that all that is in the package is a pair of breasts or some leg quarters.  Whole birds are not ok.  A full year was scared off my life for each occurrence.  I almost $hit my pants.




      I was the idiot that did the twist at my second cousin’s wedding reception when I was 8 ½ months pregnant and wondered why my feet swelled and my back hurt from then until my daughter was born. It was a wonder she wasn’t born at that wedding reception.


    


       There you have it.  I have spilled my guts and revealed a few deep dark secrets.  In the process I honored some very deserving writers. Check them out; they have got it going on until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.






16 comments:

  1. I'm honored! I do admire you as a writer. Thank you so much for this wonderful award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I am thrilled I found you. You are a very talented writer and everything you write has such sparkle and charm. Thank you for the lovely compliment!♥ Congratulations!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Very well deserved and great choices on your pay it forward. Loved the little glimpses into the real you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAT, you know I think that is the hardest part about getting one of these awards. They force you to really think about yourself and your life. Sometimes it is hard to come up with something. Thank you for stopping by, for reading and for your kind comments!♥

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the award. It's great to be honored.

    Catch My Words
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, you are very welcome and you are very deserving! I love your stuff. You crack me up!! Congratulations!!♥

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much Kathy, that was really a nice surprise. I will fill out my 10 facts you don't know (or I THINK you don't know) a bit later tonight, or in the morning... depends on how much fun I have with mom tonight, she might wear me out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November Rain, you are very welcome!! I love your poetry!! You were an obvious choice for me! Congratulations!!♥

      Delete
  5. Oh, and the frozen chicken, and frozen ducks with claws and eyeballs, I will be having nightmares about that one... ICK...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November Rain, I had the willies for the rest of the day and was terrified that when the stupid things defrosted they would come after me and attack. LOLOLOLOL ♥

      Delete
  6. Great posting and congrats on the award. I can't imagine the customer service at a rubber factory tho. I imagine lots of laughs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gossip Girl, I hadn't even thought to ask what they made there!! Then that guy called in and had a problem with his balls and that is what I thought he was talking about! LOLOLOLOL We all got a great laugh out of that one at my expense. Unfortunately, I think my stupidity kept me from getting hired in for a full time permanent position. My giggles tend to sabotage me every time. Not very professional. Thank you for stopping by and for you kind comments!♥

      Delete
  7. I loved the facts about you!!!!! You did the twist? While pregnant? LOL!!!! Does video exist I hope??? As for the frozen poultry with eyes and beaks and stuff......EW! Ew ew ew!!!! o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo Jo, I am so pleased you enjoyed my fun little facts about me. LOL Had to rack my brains. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your fun comments. Yep, I was big as a house and did the twist. I only got through half the song and had to sit down, felt like the baby was going to fall out. LOL She didn't. My feet and ankles swelled so bad after that little stunt I had to wear flip flops or go bare foot for the rest of my pregnancy. ♥

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! I didn't even notice this! Shows you how busy I am these days! Thanks Kathy! IM HONORED!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Disaster, you are very deserving! I love reading your blog. Congratulations again and thank you for stopping by!♥

      Delete