Saturday, May 12, 2012

Celebrating the Win


       How do you celebrate a win?  It can’t be much different than the way I celebrate.  There is a lot of screaming, jumping around, a few high fives, and maybe the occasional butt bounce.  During all this commotion I have to clap my hands.  That is a given.  To say I go completely ape $hit if my team wins is an understatement.  If you are going to go to the game or watch it, you might as well make the most of the experience.


      
        When I was a senior in high school I attended all the sporting events.  I was a professional spectator.  That particular year my high school football team played one of our major rivals at their football field.  I had been panting after the quarterback of the football team since the previous year when I had got an eye full of him in those tight a$$ pants they used to make the boys basketball team wear.  Those were the days!!  These days the powers that be do not want anyone drooling over any of the junk in their trunks so not only did they make the regulation basketball trunks baggy as hell, they also now hang clear to their knees.  It is a tragedy.  Everything is left entirely to the imagination.  It was one of those pathetic crushes from afar that in hindsight you simply look back on and wonder “what the hell did I see in THAT guy?”  Anyway, I am off track!  Because of my infatuation, you can bet I had myself at that game jumping up and down and cheering with the rest of the student body.




        When the clock ticked down and our team won, I celebrated and took advantage of the opportunity given me.  I jumped the fence, took the field, and body slammed that hot quarterback to the ground.  It was a moment that will live forever in my memory.  When else would it be acceptable to jump his bones and get away with it?  Our team had won!!  Everyone jumped the field, so I took the opportunity by the balls and literally jumped the guy’s bones.  It was a stellar night.  He was so pleased about winning, he hugged me back and life went on for me.  I was floating about on cloud nine much as Charlie Brown floated after kissing the little red haired girl.


         I have found in my experience, there is no better way to celebrate a win.  I have found no high five, a$$ grabbing, screaming like a banshee celebration before or since quite has ever compared to rolling around in the mud with that quarterback on that particular long ago night.  It was a moment that rocked.   I have never done it since, but it is the extreme of celebration that few people experience.  I am happy to say I have went to the extreme, and yes, all these years later; I admit I enjoyed it until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife. 

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done!!! I'm glad you took that opportunity to jump on the guy!! We didn't have a football team when I went to high school, but our soccer team was always top notch, and I had a crush on most of the guys on it. 2 of them were in my Graphics class and I was the little, annoying 10th grader, hanging on their every word, laughing appreciatively at their stupid jokes, etc. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, not sure what possessed me at the time, but it just seemed like the thing to do. LOL That is funny. I know how that is because I was that annoying person too. In hindsight, most of the boys I thought walked on water I realized were complete jerks and not worthy of my second glance. They made eye candy in high school, but now...not so much. LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  2. You're too funny. Congrats on the win! My high school football team never won a single game the entire time I was there!

    Catch My Words
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, LOL That had to have been kind of depressing to always have a losing team!! That is pretty bad! LOL

      Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments!♥

      Delete
  3. Yep that's my gal! Cease the moment. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, not sure what possessed me to this day but I have no regrets. It was FUN body slamming that guy!!!! LMAO ♥ Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!!

      Delete