Friday, October 19, 2012

Dear Past Me, Future Me


     It is day 17 of BlogFest 2012 and today’s host is Jessie from “A Crazy Beautiful Disaster”.  Today we are challenged to write a letter to our past self and our future self using the knowledge that we have acquired to this date.  So here goes nothing!!



Dear Past Me,
     Quit worrying about whether people like you.  You must like you first, and then everyone else will follow suit.  If they don’t like you, they are no great loss.  Go on.  You are fine the way you are.  Be kind, friendly, and true.  Give people a chance.  Learn to forgive.  After all, they are just kids too learning as they go.  Focus on your studies and have fun.  Believe in yourself and be strong.  There is life after high school.    Hold out for Mr. Right, and don’t settle for the first man that looks your way.  Trust me, he isn’t worth the aggravation.  Trust your gut and don’t give up what you want most so easily.  Remember the big picture and that these moments in your life are a drop in the bucket.  They will pass in the blink of an eye.  Be happy, laugh lots, and believe in yourself and in others.  Take each day as it comes, count your blessings being forever thankful for what you have, and always believe the best is yet to come.

Love, Me




Dear Future Me, 
     G0d has a plan for you and your life.  Follow your diet and take care of you.  Enjoy and appreciate, and love your husband and children with all your heart. Count your blessings and give thanks for each day and for what each day brings.   When your kids marry, welcome their chosen mate with open arms and love them as your own.  Enjoy the grandchildren you are blessed with.  Thank G0d for each day.  Forgive more and blame less.  Realize you are fine just the way you are.  Be happy, and be strong.  Live each day as if it is your last with no regrets.  Be kind to yourself and others.  With faith and hope you can do and conquer anything.  Believe in yourself and others.  Enjoy your life and rejoice.  Do what makes you happy.  It is one big adventure.  Live, learn, and love in happiness and faith.  You only get one go at life, so live it to the max and always believe the best is yet to come.

Love, Me





26 comments:

  1. Awww loved that pic of the younger you! I can see Jacob looks a lot like his Momma once did! So precious. Loved your letters to your past and future self. Cheers. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, I kind of think so too, but there are other times I see a lot of my husband in him. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed reading my letters! ♥

      Delete
  2. Great letters you wrote and love the pics too! I don't know what I'd write to future self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I am so pleased you enjoyed my letters. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Good job! Live in love. Great advice for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I am so pleased you think so. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. I wish I COULD live each day as if it were my last; I'm too busying worrying about just about everything. I need to take up meditation. Not sure I could stop worrying long enough to even do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I have been through times like that. Hopefully you will finally get past this moment in your life and be able to relax. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Journey of Life, Amen!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. Lovely life lessons to "both" your "selfs" Kathy! Kindness, love & faith. You summed it up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, so pleased you think so. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. Always need to do what makes us happy! Great post Kathy, really enjoyed reading this! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Disaster, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! It's good to stop and reflect on where we have been, and who we are becoming, isn't it? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waffle Wednesday, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  9. Those are great letters & a good idea. Maybe I'll tackle one for myself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadia, Absolutely. This was a fun prompt. I look forward to reading your take. Thank you for stopping by and reading and commenting on mine.

      Delete
  10. Excellent advice and a great idea...I may snaffle it for my blog! There are so many times I wish I could tell my younger self that everything will be ok, not to listen to the bullies and to be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loki-Lou, you should write it. It can be very illuminating! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!!

      Delete
  11. Enjoyed your letters and pictures -- such good advice for everyone. You expressed it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Susan, thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  13. So true that the best is yet to come. Thanks for the reminder that put a smile on my face. Lovely pics of you.

    Here's mine Dear Past Future Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, I am so pleased you enjoyed my post! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete