Saturday, October 22, 2011

Talking in Your Sleep- BFF 133


       My Dad used to snore so loud you could have compared it to laying next to a roaring chainsaw.  Still my mother who experienced it first hand often complained it sounded more like he was talking Chinese.   


       
      One night we had retired for the night.  The house was enveloped in silence and darkness.  It was one of those not a creature was stirring kind of nights.  Even the cats had found warm places to curl up and sleep.  One cat in particular would experience the fright of its life.    


      On this particular night a golden tabby cat who had a special fondness for my Dad had chosen to burrow under the covers snuggling in close to his legs before falling asleep.  Even the tremors of his snoring and Chinese reverberated down the hall,  I soon succumbed to dreamland.  All of a sudden I was awakened by the sounds of a yowling cat, claws scratching the tile, and the definite sound of upchucking.   I raced from my bed to discover what in the world was going on.




       To my surprise I found my mother laughing hysterically as the cat upchucked in the hall.  To make a long story short my Dad had farted on the cat in his sleep and blew that poor feline clear off the bed!  It raced from the room in terror making a terrible racket in it's wake.  The smell alone upset the cat so bad it proceeded to dry heave in the hallway.  My mom and I couldn’t stop laughing, and I nearly peed my pants from laughing so hard.


        After all the racket that my mom, the cat, and I made, my dad finally stumbled out to the hallway to see what was going on.  He found it hard to believe that one sonic boom of a fart could have created such a disturbance and thought we were both full of it.    Not only had the sheer loudness of it scared the be Je$u$ out of my mother, it had also caused the poor cat to flee in terror and upchuck in the hallway.  That night will live on in family folklore and my memories for eternity.   It was the night my dad dropped the bomb to the detriment of one unsuspecting pussy cat.   The cat survived the ordeal relatively unscathed and never again dared to sleep anywhere near my dad again.  Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a truckers wife.

12 comments:

  1. Tee hee hee! That particular event signals my husband is awake each morning. Hope kitty recovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kathy, that's a prize story -- caused me to laugh so much, I nearly peed my pants!!! My dad didn't snore very loud and I found it comforting. But --- our son-in-law really rocks the world with his snoring, even when he dozes off during the day!!!

    Thanks for the laugh to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! That is hysterically funny! My cat does that. I have been adamantly against an animal in my bed since I was a teen when the cat had kittens on my bedspread, between my legs, while I was asleep. I choose small dogs who cannot get on furniture. And life was just fine for about 45 years. That is until.....bada bing...Little Lulu. I should write about her. OMG! A cat in the house??? LOL...yep, and she waits until I am asleep to slip under the covers to curl up against me while I sleep. Hmmmm??? Farts work??? You may have just provided a solution to my little furry problem....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so funny. Wonderfully told.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oddly enough, Chinese sounds nothing like snoring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, oh that is funny!! LOL The cat lived many years after that and seemed to thrive. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, I am so pleased you enjoyed my story and got a charge out of it! LOL Thanks for stopping by to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, worked for that cat. LOL Doesn't seem to work on dogs though.. at least not on ours. LOL! Thanks for stopping by to read and leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie, thank you for stopping in to read and comment. I am pleased you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous, the snoring didn't sound like Chinese but what ever he was saying while he was asleep sure did. Thanks for stopping in to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, this was hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beachlover, so happy you enjoyed it!! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete