Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Baked Ham with Apricots

     Like most people I grew up eating tantalizing baked hams packed with brown sugar, drizzled with pineapple juice, and garnished with pineapple rings.  Ham was always a staple of the Christmas day and Easter feasts.  When I came across this recipe I had to give it a whirl!  I fell in love with the combination of flavors of the apricots, cloves, and ham.  This recipe soon became a favorite and an excellent way to spice up the ham for the holidays.

1 honey ham
1 cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp cloves
1 16 ounce can of apricot slices in syrup


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place ham in a medium baking dish.  Spoon brown sugar over top and sprinkle with cloves.  Drain apricots, reserving 1/4 cup of syrup.  Arrange apricot halves, cut side up, in over ham, holding in place with toothpicks.  Pour the reserved syrup over ham.  Bake ham for 1 hour.  Slice and serve.  Bon Appetit!



4 comments:

  1. Darlene, it is!!! I like it so much better than the traditional pineapple and brown sugar!! Thanks for stopping in to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kathy, this is quite unique. And, my husband really likes apricots. Think we're having ham for Thanksgiving and I'd like to try this. We are tired of pineapple so this should really spark things up for us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I was amazed at how good this ham was!! You will have to let me know how you like it if you give it a whirl. Thanks for stopping in to check out my recipe and comment!

    ReplyDelete