Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Good Luck Charms-BFF 177


     I have been known to pick up my share of pennies off the street.  If I see money, I pick it up singing “Find a penny, pick it up, all the day I’ll have good luck!”  Do I really believe that coin is going to bring me luck and make my life complete?   No, not really but I am not about to take any chances and leave it lay there either!  I don’t give a rats hind end if it is heads or tales.  If it is there for the taking, I am going to pick it up!!  The way I look at it I am a penny richer, a dime richer, or a quarter richer.  You get the picture.




      About 15 years ago I was rushing around planning my wedding.  My husband and I started attending this beautiful church close to where we lived with the thought that when September rolled around we could be married there.  I came to know a lovely lady who worked in the church office who was so helpful in her suggestions in how we could use the space at the church for the wedding and reception.  One day she handed me an inspirational card and told me I could keep it.  The message on the card read “How much do you love me? I asked Je$u$, and Je$u$ said, “This much…” Then he spread his arms and died for me.”  Something inside me sparked when I read that message and I have carried it with me ever since.  Whether that card has brought me luck remains to be seen, however since I have carried it my heart has slowly opened wider and let Him in.  My faith has grown and I actually can see him working behind the scenes in my everyday life.  To me, that is pretty lucky.  It fills my heart and life with light and makes me happy.  I never really thought about why I have always kept that card close to me until this week’s BFF writing prompt invited me to explore good luck charms. It is probably the closest thing to a good luck charm that I have.


          No croaked over creepy little rabbit’s foot or dried up four leaf clover for me!!  I don’t have a rusty old horseshoe in my purse or thrill when a spider descends before me on a web.  Although a rusty horseshoe would prove valuable if being attacked.  I could twirl my extra heavy purse filled with all my junk and horseshoe, take aim, and knock my attacker right square in the balls!!  If I was quick enough I could whip my horseshoe out and knock somebody right upside the head for added effect and then run away!  In that way, a horseshoe could be really lucky and serve a purpose. 




         I don’t pack a gun to make my own luck either.  All I pack is my inspirational card with the promise that Je$u$ has got my back, and if He happens to be out to lunch, then what will be will be until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.
   


8 comments:

  1. anything that gets through the day has to be lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glen, Amen my friend! Thanks for stopping by to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  2. sounds like a good good luck charm. nice write, kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danneromero, I don't really carry around a real luck charm per se. Couldn't think of much better of one since G0d is in charge of everything having to do with fate anyways. I am so pleased you enjoyed my post. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  3. Not a believer in good luck charms, but I am a believer in Jesus having your back! He doesn't need lunch breaks, btw! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, LOL Just thought I would throw that it. I wonder if He would beg to differ?? Thanks for stopping in to read and for your comments!!

      Delete
  4. Totally agree. If you've got God you don't need luck and to me luck is something that doesn't exist. Things happen or they don't. You do what you can and God will take you the rest of the way. I know Kathy, you're shocked that I am a believer but despite my foul mouth and sarcasm, my belief runs deep. I read the scriptures and pray every day, so there. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical Mystical Mimi, well said!! You are probably more religious than those that keep up appearances by attending church every time the door is open. I also read scriptures and pray each day too. :D Fate takes its course whether we like it or not. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments!!

      Delete