Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for Sick and Sleep


      Here in my neck of the woods "S" is for sick and sleep. The kids go to school and catch whatever is being passed around the germ pool and then bring it home. Over the weekend it was finally my turn to feel miserable. 




    My nose filled up and began to run, my glands swelled, my eyes watered, and the tickle in my throat produced unbelievably long coughing jags that left me breathless and red in the face. I downed medicine cups full of Nyquil and Dayquil reminiscent of the old days when I did shots of tequila, Alabama Slammers, and Sex on the Beach hoping and praying I would feel relief from the creeping crud that has possessed me. Instead of feeling better, I only feel sleepy so I escape to my bed and dreamland.  Still I must soldier on because life waits for no one!

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been sick, Kathy. That's an S word that isn't very nice at all. Let's hope that some rest and time will have you feeling yourself again soon. Moms aren't allowed to be sick. :( Take care!

    Cattitude and Gratitude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writercat59, thank you for your get well wishes and for stopping by to read and comment! ♥

      Delete
  2. Things have been really bad this winter. So sorry you've caught this bug. Get lots of rest--take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ElaineLK, It is this crazy weather. Up in the 60's one day and in the 30's the next. The kids are starting to feel better, and slowly but surely I am too. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Tayla, it is the only thing I have found that really works for me. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. S is for "sucks!" Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Lucy, thank you!! I have been working on it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!! ♥

      Delete
  7. I actually would prefer that to the stomach/intestinal nightmare that has gone around this house twice now...feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I don't believe I would prefer either. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments and get well wishes. Hope you and your family feel better too. ♥

      Delete