Friday, July 26, 2013

Nut Checker

      This weekend my husband was in need of a nut so he sent my daughter and I off to Lowes to find some.  I had the old nut in hand and marched myself purposefully into the store heading straight for where they store such things.  Somehow some things that are perfectly normal can sound so wrong when you are trying to explain it to someone else.  That is when the giggles take over…especially if you explain yourself with a straight face in the first place.

      Who would have thought I would have reached my hand into the first box of nuts and found exactly the size I needed?  Seriously, I did though!!  It surely looked like the old nut, a perfect match by my eye.  About that time one of those ever helpful Lowe’s employees sauntered over and asked if I needed any assistance.   I promptly explained that my husband needed a new set of nuts and wondered if the one I found looked about right.  He looked at me and burst out laughing and then I realized exactly what I said.  Amid uproarious giggles that became quite contagious he asked me if I had checked it out with the nut checker.  Excuse me? Lowe’s has a nut checker, a physical place you can go to check your nuts?  Laughing all the way he led me to a wall covered with screws and took the nut I brought with me and picked a protruding bolt and proceeded to screw it on.  Then he screwed on one of the new nuts.  While I stood in open mouthed amazement he congratulated me on finding an exact match.


       I guess you never know where you will find a giggle lurking and I happened to find one at the nut checker wall at Lowe’s.  I left the store feeling as if I had made a life defining discovery and fulfilled with the wonder of obtaining knowledge I didn’t previously have.  Another post in the record books for NaBloPoMo and the Ultimate Blogging Challenge!  







16 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm giggling along with you at the thought of an actual nut checker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwynne, you just never know what you will find at Lowe's. They really do have just about everything. LOL Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Loved your story. I suspect you made that clerk's day brighter. Too funny LoL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katharine, well he certainly got a laugh out of it. LOLOLOL Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. *giggle* Never been sent to one of those places alone. You are a brave woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, well then you haven't lived!! LOL You will have to check it out. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. That was hilarious! I am laughing sooo hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, so pleased you got a giggle! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Shail, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. hahahahahha whattay nut cracker post :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sukupedia, I am so pleased you enjoyed my post and got a giggle out of it. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!♥

      Delete
  7. Thank you for that giggle! That must have been some funny moment. I can picture the guy laughing. Great job though finding the right "nut". Funny thing, my late hubby has jars and jars of them in my basement, as well as screws and nails etc. I never tossed them as I am never sure when I will need one. But, I have enough of them to probably stock Lowes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, sounds like you are set!!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!!♥

      Delete
  8. I love shopping at Lowe's. They are so friendly and helpful... and yes, I have been to the nut checker wall as well, but I didn't fare quite as well as you did--first time in the bin--that has to be a record!

    Congrats on finishing the challenge month. Good for you!!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ornery's Wife, I know. It had to be beginner's luck!! LOL Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! ♥

      Delete