Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Thinks You Can Think and Things You Can See!

      You never know what you may find on Craigslist.  You just don’t!  By 9 this morning my husband was frantically searching for a couch.   Except for the fact that our couch is a complete piece of crap I couldn’t imagine WHY he would be worrying about it then.  He was a man with a mission though and soon I joined in the hunt.  It had to be nice and it had to be cheap.  Those were my only stipulations.  Not really too much to ask, right?



        The first couch I called about the lady agreed to come down 50 bucks on the price.  It looked nice enough but we soon discovered the catch.  She lived in an apartment on the second floor in a bad section of town.  My husband and I didn’t have to think too hard about that one.  Even though it appeared to be a lovely couch, we weren’t sure it would still hold its appeal after we pushed it down a couple flights of stairs.  The lady assured me it weighed a ton but her soon to be ex-husband and she had pushed the thing up the stairs when they moved in and surely it would be easier to push it back down.  Of course they were getting a divorce and she had to move to a smaller place.  A little too much information, but I took it in my stride.   I told her that we decided against it because we weren’t sure we could negotiate the stairs.  I thought it would be thoughtful to let her know we wouldn’t be coming for it despite our interest.  “Oh, you can do it!!  You will do it!!” she insisted.  She called me back twice to try to convince me, the stalker!




       The next couch I found was a sweet 50.00.  A nice brown leather job that looked pretty good in the picture.  I called the guy up and made arrangements to come check it out.  We got directions, loaded our kids in the truck and took off following the MapQuest directions and listening to that annoying woman on the GPS telling us which way to go.  We found his house with no problem.  We all fell out of the truck like a band of clowns from a little clown car and went to meet the man in front of his garage.  He went inside and threw the door open as we waited.  The kids and I made a beeline for the couch and plopped our happy butts right down.  It was nice, comfortable even.  What gave us pause and made all three of eyes widen and our mouths drop in astonishment was the huge full body woman nude in a picture in front of us.  You could not help but look at it!  It was a focal point.  I glanced at my kids, and they glanced at me and all three of us sucked in a breath and forced our jaws up from the floor.

        From where my husband was standing, he couldn’t see the nude in all her glory.  All he could see was the expression on our faces.  The guy took our money and as we loaded the couch into the truck he went back to gaze in wonder at his naked lady pictures.  He apologized for all the pussy cat tracks all over it.  Say what???  It freaked the kids and me out good and proper.  I mean hells bells can you imagine what the pervert had been doing on that couch looking at those pictures!  Sick, I tell you!! 
Sick!!  He knew we were coming.  Don’t you think he could have turned his girly pictures to the wall or covered them?  Oh hell no, I think he actually got his jollies watching our reaction!!
        
    


       We rushed right home and filled a bucket with hot soapy water and washed that couch right down.  Then I sprayed it with disinfectant washing it down again careful to free it of all its cooties and germs.  Oh the sights I have seen and the thinks I can think when I am permitted to try!!  You just never know what you will find on Craigslist or who you might meet.  It was a sweet deal but I could have done without the eye full and that is all I have to say for the 6th day of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge and NaBloPoMo!





30 comments:

  1. Wow! That is disturbingly hilarious! I love the pictures, btw. They definitely add to the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duck Mommy, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Haha! What an adventure :) I love this story! Well written and very entertainign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, It sure was. Love the couch though and the price was surely right. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. Well, we'll, well! The couch looks good though! Laughing and imagining your faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I bet it was pretty comical. I just about shit myself. My kids about died. They are probably scarred for life. Ba ha ha ha ha!! Thank you for stopping in Jo and for sharing in the giggles! ♥

      Delete
  4. Too funny! I was laughing my way through the story. Your poor kids...they'll probably end up on Dr. Phil some day! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, OMG I know right? LOLOLOLOL Thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. LOL! He knew you were coming or your husband? Sorry, that's bad, but so are the thoughts of what's happened on your new couch. How about those little plastic sofa covers?

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, the sicko probably thought it was just ME coming because I was the one who called him and got directions. Then I showed up with my husband and two kids. LOL As much as my husband and I scrubbed it and sprayed it down I doubt we have anything to worry about. LOL Even managed to find a dog collar in it and some loose change. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  6. What a funny story and you got a great deal on the couch. that said, craigslist scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, it kind of scares me too because not too long ago it was on the local news that some guy went to buy a scooter and there was no scooter only 3 guys with guns who took all his money. Scary!! So pleased you enjoyed my post. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. The Little Princess, I am so pleased you enjoyed it!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  8. This one was quite an entertaining post :D What fun!!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  9. wow looks like a good deal! And most good deals come with a catch. Yours might be the.....ewwy naked fantasy....Illl stop there. The throw covers all that up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, it was more shocking to the system than anything because I sure wasn't expecting that. The leather cleaned up nicely and the afghan would have been there regardless. It isn't covering anything up. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  10. I have a love/hate relationship with Craigslist, but so far all we have had is good experiences. I have sold more than purchased, but it is always a little disconcerting to meet the people--buyers or sellers. Hope your couch is everything you hoped!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ornery's Wife, I kind of am the same way. My husband is addicted. When he comes home he is on it looking for deals, looking to trade, looking to buy. Drives me crazy a bit. I sure like the stuff and great deals we have managed to get there though and we have sold some stuff. I love the couch. It is awesome. Now all I need is a foot stool to put up my feet. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  11. I've never purchased anything from Craigslit 'cause I'm scared!!! And now you've given me reason to be even more scared ... but, after your vividly and hysterical post, I feel like I've just been involved in my first Craigslist purchase! Not bad for 50 bucks! I'd say it's a win :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judi, if it weren't for my husband I probably wouldn't have either. You can find some great deals but beware of the sellers. Some of them can be real winners. A lot of them are desperate for a sale so if you contact them and decide you really don't want their stuff they will stalk you by continuing to text you or call you to beg you to take their stuff off their hands. People like that just piss me off royally and I end up telling them off. Most of the time, I make out with a great deal like this couch. I am so pleased you enjoyed my post. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  12. My tummy is now aching laughing laughing and more laughing... must have been a sight :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sukupedia, LOL so happy I made you giggle and you enjoyed my post so much. That site and memory will be branded in my brain forever. Scarred for life...perhaps. LMAO Oh well. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  13. Oh my, twice may not be enough with the lysol! How funny...and a bit scary too, if he thought you might be alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, no worries...between the steaming hot soapy and the thick coating of Lysol and febreeze I think it is safe. I am pretty sure that freak thought I would be arriving alone and not with my husband and kids. Course he was in his own little world staring at his fantasy girl as we were leaving. You could literally see the drool on his face!! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Holli, I think so too and we can always laugh about the freak and his naked lady pictures in the garage. It had to be his man cave. I really like it because all we had before was a love seat and it had really seem better days. This is a lot bigger! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  15. Absolutely hilarious! Must have been quite an experience. But if the couch is worth it, then what the heck... we all got a few laughs out of it, right? :D :P
    UBC Day 6 - "When I Drove A Car"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicky, we all had a big laugh about it driving away. Hell we are still smirking about it. That freak told me he was sorry to see it go and for all the pussy tracks on it. Seriously, honest to God he actually said that. I almost swallowed my tongue. LOL OH my!! It is all cleaned up and disinfected and just like brand new and I am so glad we got it. It is comfy too. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments.

      Delete