Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Favorite Things- BFF 147


    



      When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I am feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don’t feel so bad!! Sing along if you know it!! I can’t imagine too many people around who don’t recognize this song, or the classic movie “The Sound of Music” from which it comes.
What makes me happy?? What are my favorite things?? I had to really think about this so I could compile a good list. So here it goes in no particular order…


1. I love cats! Petting a soft contented feline who is sashaying around my hand vibrating with happiness as I caress it would have to rank right up there as one of my favorite things. I love their big bushy tails and have often wondered how they purr! When I was little I used to wish our cats would purr for me. They rarely did. Perhaps it was my tendency to chase them, tackle them like a linebacker, and squash them that put them off. Happily my three cats today: Pansy, Snuggle Puss, and Rosie have the good sense to purr every time I look at them, let alone pet them.


2. I love my dogs because they love me. My favorite thing about my dogs Jolly, Puppy Love, and Tia is that wherever I am they are close by. When I go to sleep at night they snuggle up at my side keeping me toasty warm. The only time they leave my side is when my husband comes home. Then they fight to all snuggle up to him.

3. I love waking up in the morning to discover the world covered with a fresh blanket of the white stuff. Before it has been touched by footprints and the cars have turned it into blackened slush, I love how the snow turns the world into a wintry world of white. It is so magical!

4. I love sitting in the dark and gazing at my lighted Christmas tree in the silence.

5. I love eating cotton candy!! Cotton candy is definitely one of my favorite things!

6. I love watching movies!! Movies that thrill, make me laugh, make me cry, and make me smile!! I am not too thrilled with the kind that scare the be Je$u$ out of me though. I tend to avoid the ones that would give me nightmares. I love feel good movies, movies with amazing effects, or movies that excite me.

7. I love zooming around the neighborhood with my husband and kids on the golf cart!

8. I love to play games with my kids! I love card games, board games, and LEGO games, so count me in!!

9. I love the beauty of the sea and watching the tide lap in and out on the sand.

10. Last but certainly not least, I love to laugh!! It sure as hell beats crying. Laughing is one of my favorite things.

     I am sure I have more favorite things and the list could go on forever to infinity and beyond. Still here is a list, and that is all that is required, just a few of my favorite things! Just a note, loving G0d is a given like breathing so I didn’t include it on the “list”. That is all I have until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely and warm list! I like everything on it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, from start to finish!

    Oh, and cotton candy. A great big YES to that! There's a little candy store near me and every Saturday, my daughter drops her daughter at ballet class and then walks down the street to the candy store with her little guy. They each choose a piece and he picks one out for his sister.

    I go along frequently and a few weeks back, I noticed a cute sign on the wall. It said "Cotton Candy," but looked like more of a decoration than an advertisement. I commented to the lady about how much I loved the stuff and she asked if I wanted pink or blue! They have a cotton candy machine and in under a minute, I was holding a huge pink ball of sweet fluff. For a buck!

    Before that day, cotton candy had been exclusively for carnivals and baseball games, but now, I know that for one little dollar, I can have a taste anytime I want. Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, thank you for stopping by to read and comment! I am so pleased you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, I am so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word Nerd, how lucky for you! Cotton candy for a $1.00!!!! I want to be your neighbor! Thank you for stopping by to read and comment, I am so pleased you enjoyed reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete