Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ATV’s, Golf Carts, and Utility Trailers!!


     My husband has a 4 wheeler that basically sits and takes up space in the garage.  Occasionally he will give my son rides when he is home, but the rest of the time it simply takes up space.  It was a toy that he had to have.  I wondered where exactly he planned to ride it when he bought it but knew better than to voice my opinion.  Sometimes it is just better to keep my big mouth shut no matter how much I am wondering why.


      Since you can’t ride ATV’s on the highway, there is no choice but to get a utility trailer to haul it to somewhere you can.  We have an old utility trailer which has seen better days and is currently used for everything from a holder of outside toys and junk to a make shift deck by the pool in the summer time.  Yes, I have actually set lawn chairs on the old rusty thing and hung it with party lights!!  When I made a big fuss about the fact that only he would be riding the 4 wheeler, and I would be alongside the road watching…he suggested I get a “toy” too.  The only problem is that when I was much younger I was thrown from a 4 wheeler and that kind of ruined me for getting to adventurous again. 



     On a past camping trip to a local campground we had rented a golf cart and had a blast riding it everywhere.  Not only that, when we visited Put In Bay, Ohio and Kelley’s Island on our honeymoon we had cruised everywhere on the island on a golf cart.  So when pressed what kind of toy I wanted, I threw out there the notion of getting a golf cart.  To be honest, I never really entertained the notion that we would ever buy one.  To my complete surprise, when tax refund time rolled around, my husband went shopping for golf carts and bought me a used model that just happened to have all the bells and whistles.  It has become a highlight of our family time together because whenever my husband is home and the weather is decent, we take the kids for a cruise of the neighborhood.


     Since the old utility trailer is minus lights, has seen better days, and has become part holder of outdoor toys and make shift deck, it may be a good idea to go shopping for utility trailers in the future.  With a new utility trailer, we would be all set to take the 4 wheeler or golf cart to a cool location for a day of fun kicking up mud or cruising the countryside.  It is definitely something to think about!! Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

12 comments:

  1. We have a lot of stuff taking up space too. Let me know if you figure out how to get rid of some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!! I want a scooter to ride around town. Hmmm maybe I should drop a hint to my husband around tax time to see if he will get me one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Langley, thank you stopping by to read and comment!! No chance of getting rid of it, my husband just keeps collecting stuff. He loves his toys and I will never part with my golf cart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, you should put a bug in his ear. It sure worked for me. :D We actually use the golf cart more than we have ever used his toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! My kids are getting their ATV back this weekend. It has been in the shop all summer, if you can believe that! We took it in around the end of April, and he just finished it this past week! Now that is slow service!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa, actually I can believe that. When we first got this ATV it had some issues. We took it in to be repaired in March and it wasn't finished until almost November. Repair shops for ATV's are unbelievably slow and charge up the ying yang for the pleasure. Thank you for stopping in to read and comment! It is always so nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had a desire to ride 4 wheelers or golf carts. To be honest, the only toys I want are of the electronic variety. (Can we say Camera :D ) Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn, my husband loves stuff to ride around on. I think it is a guy thing. I love riding on my golf cart. That is more my speed. Thank you for stopping by to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just bought a couple of four wheelers now we need to invest in at least one if not two utility trailers. Any recommendations on where to begin looking for a trailer. I was just thinking my local classifieds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. addypotter, if you are looking for a deal you might look on Craigslist for your area. I have found better deals on Craigslist than I have ever found in the local paper. I hope that helps!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  10. I really like and appreciate your blog post.Much thanks again.

    trailer sales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Western Trailer, I am pleased you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete