Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Parmesan

What could be better for a cool fall evening but Chicken Parmesan for supper??


1/2 cup cracker crumbs
3    TBSP Parmesan cheese, divided
4    skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1     egg beaten
2     TBSP margarine
1     15 ounce can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cracker crumbs with 1 TBSP of Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.  Dip chicken into beaten egg.  Roll in crumb mixture to coat.  Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then add chicken.  Cook, turning once in about 5 minutes.  Place chicken in a lightly greased baking dish. 

Add tomato sauce, basil, and garlic powder to the skillet and mix well with pan drippings.  I usually add a bit of sugar to the sauce at this point to sweeten the taste of the tomato.  Simmer for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.


Spoon sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes.


This dish has quickly become a favorite of my kids and is easy to make!!  Pair it with your choice of noodles whether fettuccine or spaghetti!!   Enjoy!  Bon Apetit!





18 comments:

  1. My husband would love this, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! I'm going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Langley, thank you for stopping by to check out my tasty Tuesday offering!! You are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa, this is amazingly good and easy to make!! Thanks for stopping in to check out my Tasty Tuesday offering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YUM!! This sounds great. One of my favorite meals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, this is a really yummy recipe and extremely easy to make! Thanks for stopping in to check out my Tasty Tuesday offering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy! I am going to have to make this one for my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sounds of this! My grand kids love chicken and sketti....they don't care how I make it, just so I make it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Kathy, Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorites and your recipe is just like the one I've used. But, I don't know why I haven't written about it on my blog. Will have to take care of that when I get my blog up and running again. You're doing a good job with these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, thanks for stopping in to check out my offering for Tasty Tuesday!! If you make it, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, thanks for stopping in! You can say that again, it is yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo, thanks for stopping in. If your grand kids love spaghetti and chicken, then chances are they are going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, thanks for stopping in to check out my Tasty Tuesday offering. I had never attempted to make chicken Parmesan before this recipe, and I discovered my kids loved it, and I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing, and for the blog hop! Love being able to share :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this looks delicious and easy to make. Have to remember to get the ingredients I want to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jesse, it is yummy and easy to make! It is great to have you to hop with! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sondra, thank you for stopping by to check out my recipe and for commenting!

    ReplyDelete