Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time Travel- BFF 122

       I personally love movies based on time travel. The whole concept fascinates me.   If I could go back and visit people I have loved and lost, I would do it in a heart beat. I would gladly give  my husband’s left nut to go back in time and do things differently.    

        For example, that first failed marriage that was a complete nightmare from hell filled with 4 ½ years of abuse would never have taken place.  I would go back in time and slap that younger version of myself senseless telling her it was OK to back out of the wedding.  What would it have mattered if family had gathered, the wedding had been paid for, and presents were waiting to be unwrapped?  Shouldn’t  family and friends only truly be concerned for my happiness?  In hindsight, they may have understood.  I should have followed my instincts instead of doing what everyone expected. After all, they didn’t have to live with him.  I did.  If I could go back in time, I would have never marched down the aisle. Even if I had got that far,  I would have taken one look at that a$$,  told him to screw himself,  and ran like crazy for daylight never looking back.
 
 


      I would definitely go back in time and stop myself from handing over all the inheritance I received from my parent’s estate to the slimy contractors we hired to build a house!!  We were intent on having a brand new double wide put on land.  Two weeks before we were scheduled to move in, the contractors filed bankruptcy and closed up shop taking every dime financed in the construction loan with them.  For our trouble, our credit was ruined and we received no house.  Talk about being screwed and tattooed.  Just once I would like to be the one doing the screwing and tattooing instead of the poor sap attempting to pick up the pieces and salvage life from the ashes of my shattered dreams.

         There is also that desire to return to a simpler time when my parents were still alive simply to see them, to talk with them, hug them, and savor their presence.  Knowing me, I would want to kidnap them and bring them back to the present!  Now, that would be cool although it might really mess with their heads to the point they could need strait jackets and rubber rooms to muddle over the transition afterwards.  Still, it would be so cool to have them now to dote on my children, and be part of my daily life!!  

      Equally interesting would be the opportunity to see how things are in the future.  In a way, I might be afraid of what I might find in the future.  There is a reason we don’t know our fates.  In essence time travel is pure fantasy and the stuff of movies and fiction.  We are born, live our lives, and then die making the best of the life we are given with  no chance for re do’s  or to save ourselves from mistakes.  I believe everything happens for a reason. Nothing is left to chance.  Each event in our life transpires to teach us something, shape our character, and is meant to be.  With that in mind, I have come to the conclusion life is just as it should be.  Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t be the person I am now.  Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written. I would love to go back in time and bring my brother back. I miss him so much and would love to show him how wonderful his son has grown up to be. It would be so nice to see him again. Like you said..that only happens in movies. Great write, Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thank you so much for the kind comments!! It is such a pity it only happens in movies. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this blog! Your raw honesty is refreshing. I can see that you are a survivor and a winner in life, regardless of what has been thrown at you! Agreed on going into the future. I would NEVER want to do that!

    Awesome blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, thank you for stopping by to read and comment. I am so pleased you liked it. I don't know if I would call myself a winner in life, but a survivor is a true enough term. Thank you for your kindness. The future is to uncertain, and like you I am blissfully happy in my ignorance of what the future holds. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all experiences, however bad, help to shape us, and strengthen us too. I'm sure you are stronger (and wiser!) now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, I agree completely with that notion. I am definitely a lot stronger and wiser for the experience. Thank you for stopping in to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderfully written article, Kathy!!! Again, you fully expounded on the blog challenge. Just one of your wishes would have made for an interesting read, you know. But, you did yourself proud!!!

    As always, I can identify with your blogs or you trigger a memory deep within me. Today, I'm thinking of how great it would be if I could bring back my Daddy who died when I was only 19. Oh, how he would have enjoyed being with my husband and loving on his grandchildren. Family meant so much to him and I met many people at his funeral for the first time. But, through their conversations with my Daddy, they knew all about his family. However, I feel he has been looking down from above and knows about my family now. (You expressed this scenario in a recent blog, too.)

    Again --- look forward to reading your blogs. Have a blessed day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, thank you so much for stopping by to read and for your kind words!! I want to believe they are watching, guiding me, and protecting me. I am so pleased you enjoyed my post and always enjoy when you share your memories!

    ReplyDelete