Monday, September 5, 2011

Living My Life in Full Color- BFF 120

     “Well color me happy, there is a sofa in here for two!!” When I saw the BFF challenge for this week, that was the first thing that came to mind. The whole concept of appreciating the little things in life with an exuberance of a little kid jumping up and down clapping my hands in glee ! There is nothing better than laughing till my belly aches and tears are flowing down my face until I am choking on myself! I love bouncing on balloons till they bust or mooning someone shamelessly and running away laughing myself silly in my wake! Laughter makes my life sparkle with color and is a very important ingredient to life.

      If it weren’t for my husband and children who I hold near and dear to my heart, even the reddest rose would seem as lackluster as a gray dingy gym sock that has visited the washing machine one to many times. The little things in life color my world with happiness! The best times happen when my husband is home. Most of the time, magic happens when we are together. This summer a typical weekend would be spent zooming around the neighborhood with my husband and kids on the golf cart, watching my family zooming around the yard on 4 wheelers squealing in delight, and spending time swimming in the pool. Those weekends were highlighted with barbecues where the whole family gathered around the grill together as whatever succulent meat happened to be on the menu sizzled to perfection. Our laughter rings through out the times we spend together. I can honestly say that there is nothing better than seeing that big purple semi truck backing into the driveway! The kids and I are always out by the road waving him in like a bunch of lunatics!

     Whether listening to hard rock, rousing country, or the soothing classics, music colors my life in every emotion from happiness to sadness. I can’t imagine my life without music. I have loaded all my favorite tunes onto my phone and love to let it play non stop in the back ground as I go about my days. Like my husband and children, without music my life would be drained of color. It seems everything goes a lot better with music. I write better, clean faster, concentrate more, and the best perk is my mood is elevated a million times over just with the pounding feel good beats of my favorite tunes blasting in the background.

     Since I have been young I have loved all the colors. I see favorites in G0d’s greatest creations: the flowers, the birds and butterflies that flutter through the sky, and the beauty of the bluest oceans waves crashing on lush beaches with the prettiest sunsets in the distance.

      Without the love of my husband and children, the best of G0d’s creations, my menagerie of pets,  and the music that drives the heartbeat of my life, everything in the world would be drab and grey and lifeless. There are so many blessings to be happy for! Home, health, family, pets, love, music, writing, gorgeous art, and nature! So color me happy!! I am so blessed to appreciate the people and things that make life worthwhile. I intend to keep living my life in full color!! Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.
thegoodstuffsunday

16 comments:

  1. Sweet post Kathy!! There is so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, thank you for stopping by to read and comment! You are so right, there is so much to be thankful for in this world. I am very thankful for you as a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog, so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jenn, this really is a sweet post Kathy! And my list of things to be thankful for and that make me happy is very close to what you've written. Music is such an important part of every day. I always have the music going. We are fortunate to have our DVD and CD players as well as our radio and computer speakers hooked up to a sound system with speakers in the living room, kitchen and bedroom. So, we can always have music in our home and it feels like a sanctuary to me. Thank you, Kathy, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thatgirlblogs, thanks for visiting me back! It is a pleasure to meet you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, Thank you for stopping by to read and comment. I am with you! Music makes my world go round which is why when I write, there is always a music video attached that goes with the post. I think in words, visually, and musically. I have to have all three elements or it just isn't finished! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love gratitude posts. They always make me smile and this one sure did.

    Nice meeting you and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. D, thanks for stopping by. So pleased you enjoyed it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee, thank you for stopping by to read and comment. Glad I could make you smile and so pleased to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, kathy. I will look at color now as happiness. Your family sounds wonderful. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, so pleased you enjoyed my post. We are a small happy bunch! :D Thank you for stopping by to read and comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you know, I love the way you look at life and your appreciation for the things that matter most. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Word Nerd, thank you for stopping by to read and comment! Thrilled that you enjoyed it. Comments bring color to my life too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are blessed. Many folks never notice the simple pleasures of life.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post Kathy!! I love the way you look at things in life. Friends color my world and I am so glad that you are my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete