Monday, September 5, 2011

Holiday Weekends : The State of Confusion

      The Labor Day holiday weekend is drawing to a close.   Holidays tend to screw up the works.  If you thought perhaps you knew what day it was before the holiday, you would be pretty sure to not know by the end.  This weekend, Monday feels like Sunday or Saturday  and Tuesday is supposed to be like Monday, but really isn’t!    I am in a state of confusion.  If I didn’t have kids to get on the bus in the morning I can assure you  I wouldn’t know whether to wind my a$$ or my watch!  Even television is screwed up!  Normally I know it is Sunday because the E! channel show “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is on.  This week  the season finale is on Monday night.  Thank you E! Channel  for adding to my confusion!


       For me it was just another weekend.  My husband was on the road, and the kids and I were left to make due.   As is typical for weather this time of year, one day was hotter than the blazes of hell, then a killer storm blew through, and the next thing I know it is a chilly 50 degrees.  Saturday found the kids and I eyeballing the television watching the Notre Dame football game.    It was the first time in the history of Notre Dame football that a game was postponed by the weather not once but twice. They evacuated the stadium twice giving the Irish plenty of time to get their act together.    Evidently touchdown  Je$u$  was not amused by the performance of the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame since lightning bolts were striking bad enough to postpone the game.  Seems like a big wake up call from the big guy to me!   Even with the interruption, the Irish failed to pull off a win.  Reminiscent of his father’s successes, Skip Holtz led his team, the South Florida Bulls, to a 23-20 victory over the 16th ranked Irish much to the home team fans disappointment.  Considering the Irish’s erratic playing,  I am amazed they were able to close the gap to 3.   


       Following the storm that extinguished Notre Dame’s hopes for a win in their season opener the temperatures dropped substantially causing one to realize fall had officially arrived.  Labor day weekend was quiet.  We spent the holiday playing games in the camper, feasting on chips and dips,  finishing up the laundry in preparation for the start of the week, and brewing up a big pot of chili to complement the cool breezes outside.  I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday weekend making memories with their families that will last a lifetime.  Even though it seems like Sunday, my computer says it is Monday!  There I go in a state of confusion.  Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a truckers wife.    


 

6 comments:

  1. It was a good day here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed having the extra time off.
    Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D, Thanks for stopping by to read and comment! Glad you enjoyed your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, I am so glad you got to have some time off to enjoy yourself and relax!! That is what holidays should be for! Thank you for stopping by to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blog. So nice to meet you. Great colors and nice easy to read content. I too started to write in 2009 and I still do it. I created multiple streams of residual income NOW. Check my profile out on Google +1. I'm the person who mentioned you should create a profile. See you around the web.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HomeBaseIncome, thank you for stopping by to read and comment!! Thank you for the suggestion!! I added a little background into my profile on Google + when I have time. It is a pleasure meeting you!!!

    ReplyDelete