Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Roasted Parmesan Potatoes




    Once my Dad retired and came home from a life on the road trucking, he sent for a subscription for  “Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards”.  Every so often he would get a new batch of cards to add to the recipe box he had received with his first shipment.  All of a sudden, my dad was getting creative in the kitchen and new dishes were popping up on the table when we came for dinner.

      Loving recipes and to cook like I do,  I could often be found pouring over these cards, copying recipes, and trying them out in my own kitchen.  One day I told my dad that if anything ever happened to him, that I wanted the box of recipe cards.  He promised me they would be mine, and when he died…I brought the prized recipe box full of tantalizing treats home.  I have made several of the offerings from this magic box over the years, and many have become staples and family favorites at my house!!

       The recipe I am sharing today is a family favorite and goes great with everything from hamburgers to egg dishes for breakfast!  They are easy to make and delicious!!  You can use white potatoes, russet potatoes, or sweet potatoes. Whatever trips your trigger.   You can also adjust the quantity of the potatoes to feed more people or for more leftovers!!   My family loves these served with ketchup on the side or drizzled over the top.  Yum! Yum! Enjoy!!  Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife. 


Roasted Parmesan Potatoes

4 medium russet potatoes, peeled
2 TBSP vegetable oil
3 TBSP grated Parmesan Cheese
2 TBSP dried parsley
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.  Slice potatoes in half, then cut them into cubes.

2. Place potatoes in a medium bowl and toss with oil.  Combine Parmesan cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper in another small bowl.

3. Add the Parmesan mixture to potatoes in the other bowl.  Toss to coat the potatoes evenly with spices.

4. Arrange the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake, turning once, until the potatoes are lightly browned and easily pierced with a knife, about 25 minutes.

     


10 comments:

  1. I've baked potatoes like this before but never added cheese. And, I really like cheese!!! Think I'm going to try the recipe right now, Kathy. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2011/09/wordless-wednesday-feeling-groovy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, thank you for stopping by to read and comment on my Tasty Tuesday recipe. I was looking a little closer at the card and realized there seemed a pretty delicious sounding variation which adds crumbled bacon to the cheese mixture! I am going to have to try this the next time I prepare this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, thank you for stopping by to read and comment! It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, thank you for stopping by to check out my recipe for Tasty Tuesday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum. It's early here, and now I want Roasted Parmesan Potatoes for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Langley, they are great for breakfast!! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, but adding bacon sounds so good!!! You could toss the potatoes in that bacon fat instead of the olive oil and ---- really get your cholesterol fix, couldn't you? But, I think that's a fine idea for breakfast. I often have leftover potatoes with crumbled bacon to serve with some eggs. Add some biscuits and gravy for that 'gut-stretching breakfast' as my Aunt Frances used to say when she set out a spread like that. Guess I'd better stop talking about food. BTW, I did fix your recipe for supper last night and some fresh green beans. Oh, so good!!! Thanks again for the recipe, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, you are making my mouth water!!! I am so pleased you enjoyed it!! You are entirely welcome!! Thank you for stopping by to visit again and let me know how much you enjoyed the recipe!

    ReplyDelete