Sunday, September 25, 2011

What I Love Best!- BFF 126


      The girls over at Blogging for Fun have challenged me to write about what I love.  Since I make a pretty constant practice of proclaiming my undying love for my husband and kids, I thought I would focus on some other stuff I love instead.
  


      I love music!  I love anything with a beat, and anything with a message that stirs my heart.  When I was growing up I got into my head that I wanted to learn to play the piano, so I taught myself how to read music to play…well.  I used to love and sit and play every single song in a songbook. The harder the piece the better.   I also love anything with a beat that rocks or has a message that rocks my soul.  I love to sing along at the top of my lungs while bopping to the beat.  I also discovered a new passion playing the drums on the game Rock Band for Wii.  



        I love to crochet!!  The harder the stitches, the more challenge, the more fun it is! That was something else I made up my mind I wanted to learn how to do. My mom bought me a book when I was young and I sat down and taught myself.  There is nothing better than working on a project while watching a movie on a cold winter evening. 




        I love movies!!! I love to laugh, so I love comedies.  The funnier, the better!! I have a vast collection of movies that continue to grow.  If I love it, or it touches me, I have got to have it!!!




         I love to read.  My favorite series by far is the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling. 
 I love the whole magical world of Hogwarts.  I love the movies!  I love the movie “Gone With the Wind”, the book of the same title, and the sequel.  I love anything written by Danielle Steel, Debbie Macomber, and Nora Roberts.  I have a whole slew of favorite authors, but those are the top ones that come to mind.


          I am a big kid, and I love games.  What began as a favorite past time with my mom and dad continues to this day with my own kids.  I love to play cards, Lego games, and board games.


         I love to cook!  I love to make a recipe my own!!  I have a collection of favorite recipes that I have perfected .  The only downside of this love, is that I hate doing dishes.  Got to take the good with the bad with that one.


         I love to write.  I love to work on my website from the posts to the design to the music that brings it to life.   I love the whole creative process.  


         Although I love my dogs,  I have loved cats since birth.  I am fascinated with their big long bushy tails and love to entice them into singing a few bars for me.   I love their “make me like you!” attitude which is so much like my own.


    
      I am one of those nut jobs that love winter and the beauty of snow.  I would rather freeze my a$$ off than roast to death.  I love Christmas and the magic of a Christmas snow.



      Last but certainly not least, I love to laugh!  Just like the old dude in Mary Poppins, I would be dancing on the ceiling if it were possible literally laughing my a$$ off at the tiniest things until tears are streaming down my face and I am literally choking on myself.  I love being silly, and it seems I get sillier with age.  Mooning is definitely not out of the question.  I love to proclaim that I am a few sandwiches short of a picnic or loony as a tune, because that is exactly what I am and proud of it.  I tend to live life having more fun than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest just because life is to short not to.  Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a truckers wife.
       

18 comments:

  1. Well I think you pretty much covered all the great ones! I love these things too! Thanks for sharing! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list, Kathy. Can't agree with you about winter, I hate it - and I never mastered crochet either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, thank you for stopping in to read and comment!! Great minds think alike! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, thank you for stopping in to read and comment!! So happy you enjoyed my little list. I am an odd bird when it comes to winter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of my talents were self taught too. I don't love to cook, but I do cook very well, tweaking and adjusting all recipes to suit our tastes. Also created many, many dishes that are totally out of my own head. LOL...once I thought I invented Alfredo sauce, until a friend tasted it and gently told me that I just made Alfredo sauce...hahaha.

    I love reading each of these "I Love" blogs because I'm getting a wonderful close up look at my blogging friends and I like what I see....

    Great blog, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gonna jump on Darlene's wagon here and hitch a ride! I am also loving getting to know everybody's LOVE list. Such a great positive look at all of us.

    Great job, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, thank you for stopping in to check out my little love list!! I think that is completely hilarious that you discovered Alfredo sauce!! You are quite the little chef. LOL This is such a lovely happy topic and I really had fun writing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo, thanks for stopping it to check out my list!! I am so pleased you enjoyed it. I had such fun with this particular post. It could have easily turned into a novel. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love winter, too! There are few things more beautiful than snowy winter nights and who doesn't love building a snowman or having a snowball fight? Lots of folks, I guess, but I'm not one of them. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Word Nerd, I love the beauty of winter, and I don't mind the cold...but I am not likely to get into a snowball fight, or build a snowman. LOL Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also found out what a great drummer I could have been thanks to WII. LOL. And I also love comedies and laughing as much as possible. But I never got the chance to learn to crochet. I was taught how to do a chain, but that's as far as it ever went. Maybe one day.... It's never too late to learn something new, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the things you have mentioned. Great post Kathy!! I need to have you teach me to crochet. I can do a little bit, but get lost in the stitches. LOL I also enjoy movies of all kinds, music, and can even play a little piano. Christmas is also my favorite time of year. Cheers to all the things you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angie, thank you for stopping in to read and comment!! It is never to late to learn something new. Anything is possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, it sounds like we are two peas in a pod! :D I would love to teach you how to crochet!! Thank you for stopping by to read and to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Kathy, for sharing your list. Music and cooking are also on my list. And, I enjoy learning new things. Good going, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betty, thank you for stopping in to read my "What I love best" list!! So pleased you enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great song!! I love your Love List :) Okay--I really like the music one...oh and on the lines of comedy--Jeff Dunham just came out with a new episode. I think my son recorded it... I can't wait :)

    Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenn, I know! I love this song!! I simply could not resist using it. Thanks for stopping in to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete